God vs Satan

Options
Smirnoff65
Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
God v Satan

In the beginning God covered the earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, with green, yellow and red vegetables of all kinds so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's bountiful gifts, Satan created Dairy Ice Cream and Magnums.
And Satan said, 'You want hot fudge with that? And Man said, 'Yes!' And Woman said, 'I'll have one too with chocolate chips'. And lo they gained 10 pounds.

And God created the healthy yoghurt that woman might keep the figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 12 to size 14.
So God said, 'Try my fresh green salad'.

And Satan presented Blue Cheese dressing and garlic croutons on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said 'I have sent you healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them'.

And Satan brought forth deep fried coconut king prawns, butter-dipped lobster chunks and chicken fried steak, so big it needed its own platter, and Man's cholesterol went through the roof.

Then God brought forth the potato; naturally low in fat and brimming with potassium and good nutrition.

Then Satan peeled off the healthy skin and sliced the starchy centre into chips and deep-fried them in animal fats adding copious quantities of salt.
And Man put on more pounds.

God then brought forth running shoes so that his Children might lose those extra pounds.

And Satan came forth with a cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering light and started wearing stretch jogging suits.

Then God gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite.

And Satan created McDonalds and the 99p double cheeseburger. Then Satan said 'You want fries with that?' and Man replied, 'Yes, and super size 'em'. And Satan said, 'It is good.' And Man and Woman went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed ......... and created quadruple by-pass surgery.

And then ............ Satan chuckled and created the National Health Service.

Replies

• gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't like it; political nonsense.
  • karentalty
    karentalty Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Funny!
  • rickthexpreacher
    rickthexpreacher Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great ingenuity and vision. Thank you. As with most humorous prose, there is a underlying element of truth.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Other people taking the time to reply have made me pause for thought and consider whether my thoughts in the early hours of this morning were misled.
    I interpreted the post as anti-NHS, comparing the NHS to the "work of the devil". Together with the religious context and gender stereotypes, I'm wondering if I misunderstood.

I hope somebody puts me right and if I did read this wrong I'll apologise for my stupidity and rudeness!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Other people taking the time to reply have made me pause for thought and consider whether my thoughts in the early hours of this morning were misled.
    I interpreted the post as anti-NHS, comparing the NHS to the "work of the devil". Together with the religious context and gender stereotypes, I'm wondering if I misunderstood.

I hope somebody puts me right and if I did read this wrong I'll apologise for my stupidity and rudeness!

To be honest I saw it on Facebook and thought it was humorous so stuck it on here as I thought some others may enjoy it, you may be reading too much in to it, I certainly never took it as a dig at the NHS although the NHS certainly has its problems but that is more down to the funding and those that run it, certainly not the staff who work miracles on a daily basis. I took it as funny look at good vs evil in the context of healthy eating that we all are struggling with on here.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    hehehehehe! I have a daily battle with God and Satan!! Never been tempted by McDonalds though!! Now KFC, and we're talking....:laugh:

@logg1e - lighten up! :flowerforyou:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That's why I need this site - I've always erred on the side of Satan :devil: