Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

QOTD: What to wear now that it's warmer?

LadyDeadlift
LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
Hi! I need help with gym wear now that it's warmer. I have a pair of capri length leggings from the Gap that are awesome for winter - but they are OMG HOT now that spring is here. I like them because the waist band is nice and wide and it doesn't roll in and make love handles where I do not have them (vanity / heh)

Link to the gap leggings: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1009568&vid=1&pid=768850002

I have another pair of leggings from Target that I have determined are too high risk for becoming see through (or even mildly see through-ish) while in a squat/stretching etc. I even bought them a little on the big side that they wouldn't be getting stretched to their limit. They may be okay - but now that I've become paranoid - I'm well... paranoid. heh. The fabric they are made of isn't too warm though - so I am sad that I need to find something else.

Here's a link:
http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-capri-compression-tight-assorted-colors/-/A-14104757#prodSlot=large_1_20

So ladies - any suggestions of what to wear during the warmer months? I like leggings, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Well, my gym has AC and heat in winter so I'm always, always wearing the same thing: basketball/dry fit sports male shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top. I realize though that it may not be what feels best for some of you, since not everyone here is as tomboyish as I am. lol (I also swim in boardshorts so, y'know >_>)

I really like the athletic shorts cuz they're long enough (can't stand that mid thigh and higher stuff which is all I seem to find on the ladies' side, not huge on showing legs) yet rather flexible/ample enough to not restrict movement, usually come with a string at the waist in case they get a bit too big, are really unexpensive and they come in all sorts of fancy color I can mix and match with my t-shirts. Or pruposefully mismatch for giggles ;P

I know some people like wearing compression shorts under them shorts, but I don't see the point for myself atm.
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    I am tomboyish but I wear medium rise compression shorts - not super short ones - usually 5-7 inch inseams - and a loosish t-shirt. I feel stronger and more streamlined in tight shorts, plus, even though I am a big girl, I am proud of my big and tight quads and glutes so I like the tightness. Tight shirts over my belly and hips not so much.

I hate lifting in pants.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I am still wearing tanks and my knee length yoga pants...sometimes if it's a warm warm day I put on my shorts that are like yoga pants but short...

always black tho...I find yoga pant capris easy and cool.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    If you like the target stuff, I recently got a pair of loose capris and a loose fitting tank top of quick dry fabric that I really like. I'm pretty sure they were the Champion brand too. I like the looser fitting pants, more air flow but still have coverage for modesty! If I wear shorts I wear longer compression shorts like lizafava2 mentioned, because squats and short shorts...not so good, lol.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I wear a ua ribbed wicking tank (I forget the name now) under a looser tank our tshirt and shorts. My favorite shorts come from mika yoga wear. They're kind of pricey, but they are absolutely not see through no matter what you're doing. All my other pants even from ua or Athleta are at least a bit translucent at the bottom of a squat, but mika are solid. I also have several pairs of their capris.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    I always just wear shorts (with the liners so protect from mishaps!) and tshirts. occasionally a tech T or tank, but I prefer to keep those for running since I sweat more doing that. Plus I have a bajillion (not kidding) tshirts from races, college, concerts, etc. I like those shorts with liners because they don't slip down when I squat so no mooning here! hahah. All the yoga pants/long exercise pants I have except one super faded pair slip on the butt. Although I did prepare for that once and just wore compression shorts under them...

Also with squatting I breathe in to go down and the belly just juts out so loose tshirts are nice for that :blushing:
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Well, my gym has AC and heat in winter so I'm always, always wearing the same thing: basketball/dry fit sports male shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top. I realize though that it may not be what feels best for some of you, since not everyone here is as tomboyish as I am. lol (I also swim in boardshorts so, y'know >_>)

Same here. Basketball shorts are THE BEST! I also use capri leggings sometimes, but nothing beats tomboy shorts :laugh:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Ive got Gap leggings and capris, Old Navy leggings and capris, UA leggings and shorts, Reebok capris and shorts, Champion capris. I love the ON stuff. Ive also gotten stuff at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
    I tend not to lift in most of the shorts since I got them for running and they roll up awkwardly when squatting.

For shirts, I almost always have 2 on. A tank top (UA or ON mostly) with another on top - typically a race t. I dont do long sleeves often. And ive bern wearing 2 tanks lately because I like my arms and I dont like the fabric between me and the bar for front squats
  • LadyDeadlift
    If you like the target stuff, I recently got a pair of loose capris and a loose fitting tank top of quick dry fabric that I really like.

I saw these and tried a pair on yesterday - I am thinking these might do it for me for now. They seem to be generally the same fabric types as my dodgy pair - but the cut and fabric are just different enough I'm not worried about mooning strangers. Also maybe not as hot as some blends that have more cotton?

Also the Old Navy suggestions - I'll have to take a look. I'm thinking I need at least a couple more outfits -- life is crazy and laundry doesn't always happen promptly. and: a girl likes to have choices, grin.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I live in Bahrain and I train in my own room with a ceiling fan and a dodgy semi-functioning a.c. I wear tracksuit trousers (I think USA people call these sweat pants) and a t-shirt.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    For shirts, I almost always have 2 on. A tank top (UA or ON mostly) with another on top - typically a race t. I dont do long sleeves often. And ive bern wearing 2 tanks lately because I like my arms and I dont like the fabric between me and the bar for front squats

I always have to chalk my shoulders if I wear a tank for front squats. Then I look stupid :(
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member

I always have to chalk my shoulders if I wear a tank for front squats. Then I look stupid :(

My gym doesnt allow chalk and I never even considered using it for front squats lol. The first few times I had bruises but im good now... idk what happened especially since I havent been too consistent
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Our gym has a/c and it still gets hot. Reebok yoga shorts rock- stretch well, wash great, won't show thru on squats, and bonus round my hubby likes the way they look! Top is a T shirt w/sleeves cut off. Tried tanks but the bar hurts on my shoulders, and ladies' tanks don't have enough room in the armhole for me. I've grown to love Under Armor sports bras (see reference to large armholes...) so there's no "peeking". Tried Under armor girls' shorts, they're comfy but I won't wear just those to lift in- I'm too old for booty shorts.
    (Oh, and if there's a ****'s sporting goods near you, they carry the Reebok yoga line and it's often on the markdown rack.)
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    OK, the editing thing is getting a bit out of hand- the starred out reference above is to a chain store, not a body part ! Think a shorter name for Richard. They have a nice selection of athletic clothes.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    I have been wanting to buy some baggier shorts to wear, so I am going to hit Target soon and buy little boy's athletic shorts in an XL to save myself some money. Haha, there are benefits to being shorter than an 11 year old boy. :p

Usually I wear Danskin brand tight capris, especially on DL day because it covers my knees and most of my shin. Those were super cheap at Walmart, like less than $15.
  • LadyDeadlift
    hahahahaHA CHFay! MFP edited that *for* you?

snort-laugh!

But yes, I know exactly which chain you are referencing...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    OK, the editing thing is getting a bit out of hand- the starred out reference above is to a chain store, not a body part ! Think a shorter name for Richard. They have a nice selection of athletic clothes.

there's a town in the UK called scun thorpe (one word, but if I type it that way you won't know what four letters the **** should have been)...... that's forever getting mangled by the censor lol

I'm sure it wouldn't take a genius to write a computer programme that could recognise very common names that contain these letters and not censor them.... I mean Charles ****ens is a very famous writer, it should be able to recognise that name and *not* censor the first four letters of his last name!!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Haha, yes, a regular expression would most likely take care of that more efficiently than a regular replace which I believe is what they're using. Some of the coding behind the platform still kinda baffles me. But I guess it's that way to avoid people trying to mangle it in a word? who knows? It's stupid, too. Seriously, in this day and age, who really gets their panties in a bunch over those words anymore, anyway? I mean, come on, forum threads that *have* to rollover after 40 pages? Can't you just optimize your code to avoid whatever calculation takes "too long to process" >_< (But no! Having a like button is more important!)

[/endrant]

In other news, I need to replace a few of my shorts because they've gotten too big. I was wearing a pair to the park yesterday and my keys dropped out of the pockets because they're so loose. That was a little scary. (Thankfully I found them quickly) Anyone wants a pair of black reebok shorts that aren't too long with really shallow pockets? They,re comfy and still in good condition!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I wear shorts and a tank top. *shrug*
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Another vote for Old Navy! I live in their active capris. I also like Under Armor shirts. I wish I had the money to spend on Athleta's stuff, but I don't. If you do, they are owned by the same parent company as Old Navy and have some pretty snazzy stuff. It's just pricey.

P.S. Old Navy is having a sale on their activewear right now...