How fast is your body fat decreasing?

Options
SnowFlinga
SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
I've lost 5% of my body fat in 5 months. I'm wondering if that's good, bad, or typical. Note that I started this effort with about 50 lbs. to lose and over 30% body fat. I think that how much fat you have to start with probably impacts how quickly your percentage will drop on keto, but I'm still wondering...

Replies

• rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and have 30 to go. According to my aria scale, I've gone down almost 5% body fat. My husband however, has lost 45 pounds with 45 to go and has gone down 10% as estimated by the same scale. I've heard men always lose fat faster than women, FWIW.
  • SnowFlinga
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and have 30 to go. According to my aria scale, I've gone down almost 5% body fat. My husband however, has lost 45 pounds with 45 to go and has gone down 10% as estimated by the same scale. I've heard men always lose fat faster than women, FWIW.
    Over what time period?
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry. Started 2/12/14. Husband same time period.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I started march 1st and according to my scale i was at 51.1 % fat and as of this morning I am down 23 lbs & my body fat is now 48.5%. Its been a slow process for me but it is progressing. :)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Started at 35% in Dec 13, now in mid teens. My goal is to drop to 12% by end of the year. I get BF% measured through bod pod, those bathroom scales and hand held BF measurements are pretty much useless.
  • SnowFlinga
    Options
    Started at 35% in Dec 13, now in mid teens. My goal is to drop to 12% by end of the year. I get BF% measured through bod pod, those bathroom scales and hand held BF measurements are pretty much useless.
    So you cut your body fat % in half in 6 months? Holy smokes...
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    So you cut your body fat % in half in 6 months? Holy smokes...

Listening to your body instead of a number on the internet did wonders. I trust my body and only thing I had to do was eat right foods and let my body decided how much it wanted. Of course resistance training was a big part too, funny I burn more calories now than I was 50 lbs heavier. If I had eaten less with weight loss, it would have screwed up my metabolism.