Manually adding exercise calories to MFP

Options
Rlnieman
Rlnieman Posts: 26 Member
At this time Polar Flow is does not integrate with MFP. I saw someone mention that they manually add the calories minus the allotted calories that MFP provides.

What numbers are you using? For example, MFP says I should eat 1,230 calories a day to hit my goal weekly weight loss. It also shows a daily calories burned number as 1,950. Yesterday my Loop showed that I burned 2,362 calories.

2,362 - 1,230=1,132 or
2,362 - 1,950 = 412

If I create my own "exercise" would I log calories burned as 1,132 or 412?

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I use my Loop same way I used my hrm. So if I burned 450 according to my Loop for an hour on the stepmill that's what I put for my cardio for the day.
  • amazurkiewicz
    amazurkiewicz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. It only takes a couple of minutes. But I can't wait for integration between Polar Flow and MFP.
  • Rlnieman
    Rlnieman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's what I have been doing, I'd rather show my work out calories and not my everyday calories.
    Thanks for the info!
  • tess2303mfp
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering how accurate the calorie reader is on the loop and how to compare it to my calorie intake? so for example if my loop says I have burnt 2000 calories, but I have eaten 2500 calories - is my intake for that day 500? On the other hand though, if it says I have burnt 2000 but I only eat 1500, am I on -500 calories for that day? Thank You in advance

how do you guys split the calories as you are talking about above ^^^^ ????
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the day for example.

If the loop says Calories 2000 and your MFP is calorie intake is 2500 then your 500 calories over.

Or

If the loop says Calories 2000 and your MFP is calorie intake is 1500 then your 500 under and happy days.

I have to say this is one aspect of the loop i dont look at much, (been slacking with MFP due to broken collarbone) but i try and hit the activity bar 5/6 days a week.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I looked at about three months of logging in MFP where I have used manual entry of exercise and Runtastic automatic uploads and worked out how the net calories/kilojoules relate to my particular weight loss.