Sick

Options
acook1679
acook1679 Posts: 30 Member
I have basically been pretty healthy this entire pregnancy. I had 1 minor cold and was nauseous for the first trimester but not bad. Lately I have felt like morning sickness is coming back. And today I found my stomach so upset I didn't go into work and I haven't been calling in. I am 35 weeks on Wednesday. My baby has been moving up a storm as always. At the end of long busy run around days I get BH contractions. Has anyone else been getting morning sickness back? How far along are you?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I didn't have bad morning sickness (no vomiting) with either pregnancy, just strong food aversions, but during my second pregnancy I got the 24-hour stomach bug not once but twice :( I got it around 9 weeks and was really afraid of miscarrying due to dehydration because I couldn't even keep water down. Thankfully that didn't happen, but I got it again sometime in the third trimester. It was worse that time because I couldn't even comfortably collapse on the bathroom floor after throwing up, never mind the majorly exacerbated heartburn issues.

It's possible that you're suffering a return of morning sickness, or it could be some weird side effect of pregnancy-related heartburn/reflux. It could also be that you have a stomach bug. There's so much going on right now with your stomach being pushed up into your chest that it's not impossible that it's causing you to feel nauseous. Couple that with some nerves and/or excitement about how close you are to delivery, and it's the perfect storm.

Take it easy, have some Tums, and keep drinking lots of fluids and eating soup broth and crackers if you can manage. I hope you feel better soon!

Edited for typo
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I had severe hyperemesis with baby #1 until 6 months along.
    This baby I had pretty bad morning sickness (luckily not as bad as first baby though) until agony 5 months. But, it has come back in the end.
    Now, it isn't consistent. It comes and goes and varies in severity. Sometimes, I won't even feel sick - I will have just finished eating and feel just fine, and suddenly everything comes back up. Or, sometimes, I just feel constantly nauseated for no reason.
    I just have learned to watch out for the foods that really trigger it and keep my acid in check. If I have high stomach acid, I will really feel sick.
    I took anti nausea medication in the beginning but I won't take that now. I dont feel sick enough to make the side effects of the medication worth it.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    With my son, I had heartburn so bad I thought I had food poisoning (I didn't throw up or anything but I felt like I was going to!). That seemed to peak right around 34/35 weeks.
    With my daughter, I actually did throw up when I was 39 weeks. The doctor told me it was from having my stomach be much smaller due to so much baby in there and then eating a regular sized meal. it didn't fit so it came back up, I guess.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    The other thing I forgot to mention is that when I was towards the end of my pregnancies, like 34+ weeks, my stomach was so smushed that if I ate anything more than small amounts I felt nauseated. Of course that's a different feeling from "I need to go throw up right now," but that might be an explanation.

Are you doing any better?
  • acook1679
    acook1679 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am better today. But I still get that gaggy feeling in the morning. Its been a week plus now and I am 35 weeks today. I think I had a stomach bug the other day because I slept all day.
  • newmama_lols
    Options
    I had a great pregnancy too until the last few weeks. I had experienced some nausea and fatigue during first trimester, but nothing too bad, and no vomiting. Second trimester was a blast! But after about 32/33 weeks, I started experiencing lots of nausea and then started vomiting in the mornings, a few times a week. I also had evening heartburn and alot of difficulty sleeping. It was really really hard because I was getting heavier and throwing up in the toilet in the mornings, and had to go to work exhausted every day. I found all the vomiting just absolutely exhausting!!

My doctor told me that it's all normal and it didn't really subside until the very end. As miserable as it was, just remember that it will pass!

I had my baby 5 days late and she's a healthy beautiful 8 week old now!
  • newmama_lols
    Options
    Oh and I also had lots of BH contractions and baby movement. Baby movement is good and means your baby is fine and healthy. Unfortunately, BH contractions don't mean your baby is coming soon... like I said, mine was late!! Best of luck to you for a happy healthy birth experience.