Achieving Calorie Goals

Options
mich0718
mich0718 Posts: 13 Member
I have been doing a reset and am now at my full TDEE of 2146 calories a day. Any suggestions on how to achieve this many calories a day and eating healthy. Yesterday I ended up eating a hot dog from Sonic, it was great and has been a long time since I ate something like that but am concerned that eating these types of foods is probably not a great idea. I have added a couple of protein shakes a day since I have increased my workouts. I plan on staying at this calorie count for about 4 weeks before I do a cut so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Whole fat dairy products, steak, use good fats like olive oil or coconut oil to cook. And don't worry about having a hot dog or two - if you enjoy them, then eat them (perhaps not every day but occasionally).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Redefine healthy in your mind. Balance is better, moderation, ect.

Many go for the 80/20 method - 80% whatever you mean by healthy, 20% other if it causes no bad side effects, like binging or allergies.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Agree with heybales and mymodernbabylon, eat whatever you want if you enjoy it and it's in moderation. I eat snack sized tubs of custard on lifting days to make up my calories! Eat more dark chocolate! Or if you're meeting your protein macro, see if there's room to increase carbs for energy, to make up those calories.
  • TriLaura
    TriLaura Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts. A small handful can have a lot of calories :)