First one down

Options
badbcatha05
badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
Well, it has been exactly a week since I finished my first half. It was awesome! The energy was palpable and so easy to get caught up with it. The goal I previously posted was 2:20-2:25. Well, I finished in 2:07:40! The course, in Buffalo, NY was fantastic and really showed some great parts of the city and we had spectacular weather.

I'm glad I didn't wait until this one was done to sign up for my next half... Wineglass half in October... registration closed about 2 days after I registered. Has the potential to be another awesome weather weekend.

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You shattered that goal!!!!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great finish for 1st 1\2! Beautiful location and season for your next 1\2...happy training!
  • badbcatha05
    Options
    Thanks!!

I'm looking forward to the next one, I love that part of the state, especially in the fall!
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new here as I just decided yesterday that I was going to try for a half marathon in September and came across your post about a race in Buffalo, NY. I am in Naples, NY, which is just south of Rochester. Do you have any others you are doing in the area that you would recommend?
  • badbcatha05
    Options
    Check out buffalorunners.com they list all of the area races and I think they even include some in the Rochester area. I know there is a half in october in Jamestown... it's I Love Lucy themed and I will probably run it next year. I think the Mighty Niagara in Niagara Falls is in September. I have never run that but I have a friend who did it ad her first. The wine glass one in corning that I am doing has been closed for a while but it probably couldn't hurt to check out their website and Facebook page- they were opening some more slots for people shifting around. It's touted as one of the top 10 in the country.
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much!! I will definitely check those out!!