Work outs

Options
dmlove128
dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
What kind of workout does everyone do? Im currently on 2nd month of Insanity with shaun T.

Replies

• HampGod
    HampGod Posts: 31
    Options
    MMA program at my local gym. Workouts are Sun Mon Wed Thurs..about 40 minutes or so. And we do Yoga in between on Tuesday Friday, Saturday is my off day.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I do most of my working out at home to videos and I walk a lot (I have two large dogs that need daily walks). I also go to a zumba class once a week (that I have missed for 3 weeks, no excuses this week), another work out class once or twice a week in the fall thru spring, andn the summer I play softball once or twice a week on those nights.

I have really fallen off track in the last month and desperately need to find the motivation to get back at it. I joined this and a calorie challenge hoping to help. It is nice to be accountable to more then just myself.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use the The Firm workout videos. Not the ones on the commercials but the ones where its an all in one cardio video. I have about 7. I am currently using the Ultimate Fat Burning Workout to get my body used to working out again. Up next is the Bootcamp Ultimate Calorie Burn. I can't wait to do the one that is 60min and suppose to burn up to 500 calories in the one workout. I am sure it will kick my *kitten*! :laugh:
  • mswaters27
    mswaters27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well I am starting slow since I haven't worked out for longer than I would like to admit prior to about 3 weeks ago. So I get very sore after workouts. For now I am sticking to at least two days per week (Wednesday and Saturday) doing a 30 or 45 minute DVD at home. I have 3 different ones from Jillian Michaels (that totally kick some serious *kitten*), as well as a couple great yoga DVDs. My plan is to do JM Wednesday and Saturday and try to squeeze yoga in between. I am also taking longer walks with my dog around the neighborhood and am considering doing couch to 5k?
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I take a full body workout/spin class twice a week and then do 30 day shred on the other days with a break day thrown in there somewhere. I try to do a quick little two mile walk at lunch too when the weather cooperates. =)
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    P90X3 - today is day 1! It's awesome to be part of this group xoxo
  • SwiitiPi
    SwiitiPi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As of right now I am doing the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge on youtube. One video everyday day but Saturday. That's my day off because I work a double most Saturdays. The videos are anywhere from 8 minutes to 30. I also like to go to the gym and hop on the elliptical for an hour or so. Its a great way to catch up on some tv. I really like watching glee at the gym. I find it is a good interval workout. Push when they sing cool down when they talk. I am thinking about upgrading my gym membership to do the classes but not sure yet.
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I do a Boot Camp Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri. I've been doing that for about three months and I love it. Helps me get all my strength training in and then on weekends I focus more on cardio and try to go either hiking or bike riding.
  • SamSal02
    SamSal02 Posts: 85
    Options
    HI everyone. I was looking for a group to join. I am currently in a MFP challenge group. It started off strong, but it seems to be fizzling out. Think they made it too complicated .

Anywho...I am looking to lose an unspecified amount of weight. I am more interested in lowering my Body Fat %.

I currently work out 5-7 days a week. BodyPump, BodyCombat and BodyJam are classes I take at my gym, as well as cardio on my elliptical at home and a run when the weather and my allergies permit!

I am thinking of starting the P90X program again for a morning workout before work.
  • athousandstiles
    Options
    I'm doing Fitstar and it works really well for me.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    nothing right now :embarassed:

I use to go hiking on the weekends and go to the track after work but i haven't found motivation to do it again. I have insanity and tons of work outs on my TV so i need to do something about that! Also i need to get back to the track when its nice out and start walking again!!
  • AlanahCFit
    AlanahCFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I walk on my lunch 5 days a week. I do full body strength training split into 4 days a week. I manage to get some additional cardio 2-4 days a week at the gym.
  • fleawill
    fleawill Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do strength training with a trainer 2x week, which I love, but I struggle to get to the gym on the other days. I can't run any more as my knees are shot, so I'm trying to get more excited about swimming. I like swimming, but not the hassle of everything that goes with swimming, like the pre- and post- workout time it takes to get cleaned up and the trying to find a good time to go to the gym in order to have a lane to myself. There is a good free app that I enjoy using on the elliptical trainer, Running for Weight Loss, and it focuses on working out three days per week with a mixed intensity program. I enjoy the app because I can listen to Pandora, it has a countdown timer for each interval, and the little voice tells me to switch from walking, to running, to sprinting (i.e., coaching). I have found that I have an easier time sticking to the workouts if I like the exercises I'm doing. I'm trying to add an evening walk to the mix, too.
  • BeingMrsFreeman
    BeingMrsFreeman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting off the couch by doing the Couch to 5k training. It's 3 days a week progressive workout. Gotta start somewhere!
  • elliexxgeorge
    Options
    My boys start school at 8am so I like to work out early and have the rest of the day for everything else :wink:

I cycle to my gym which is 1.5 mile away. Go and do weight training straight after which lasts about 45 mins to 60 mins, do elliptical or cross trainer for 60 mins and come back home on my bike. I roughly burn 800 - 1000 calories this way. Can't move much for the rest of the day mind you :bigsmile:
    I do that about 3/4 days a week but I'm hoping this group will motivate me to workout 5 days a week :flowerforyou:
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I run x 3 a week in the evenings and then also walk/run during my lunch as well. When i go to the gym I dont do much cardio since i do my running. I usually work on the different machines and do arms one day, abs another, and then legs another. I really dont have a system but i just do excersices that i can think of and do the different machines. If anyone has any ideas for excersices or what they do for their different days that would be great! I am also doing a 30 day ab challenge.
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just started again last week. I'm going to a spin class M-W-F. M-W classes are 55 minutes, and Fri morning class is 45 minutes. I am trying to walk my dog on my off days, have only seemed to manage about 2 walks a week. I just talked my sister into joining the gym with me, so I might start doing more than just the spin classes.
  • Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am working out 5 days a week. I do 3 days of Bob Harper workout videos and then go to my gym for the evening on the other days. I try to walk at my lunch time when the weather is nice.