Introducing myself

Options
JuliRamone
JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
Hello fellow StrongLifters,

I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm Juli, 22 years old and a student for german language and literature (oh, yes, I am german, so sorry for mistakes).
I have always struggled with being a little chubby. I was never really overweight, so no one felt the need to do something. And when I finally realized it on my own, I was already so stuck in my food routine that - so far - I failed on any attempt to lose weight.

When I moved out my hometown to study I started calorie counting and - well, I lost 5-10lbs and gained them back, stopped caring, lost 10lbs again, and gained them back. - And so on.
In January I started weight training. We have a small gym room in my students dorm with free weights, a squat rack and two machines (although I don't use them, I just don't like it).
After some months of doing a selfmade programm I was bored - the program I did was too long (it took my around 2h just working out) so with all the other stuff (getting ready, showering afterwards...) a big part of the day was gone.

Then I read about StrongLifts and around 2 weeks ago I just tried it - and loved it. My boyfriend is also on board and we both are very motivated. :)

So far, I was able to add 5lbs to squats and barbell rows, 10lbs to deadlifts and 2lbs to OHP and BP - and even I see it's getting harder, I am still so excited for every workout. And, this is probably the best part of SL so far, it makes me feel so great and confident. I took some pictures at the beginning of june and I really hope to see some improvement in july :)

I am very glad that I joined this group, I already got some great advice here :)

Let's get all strong together! :)

Replies