I started C25k today

Options
AutumnElf80
AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
I did Wk1 D1 of the Run Double C25k today!! I'm doing the timed version so I completed something like 1.26 miles in 18 minutes. I can't wait to see how I improve as time goes on.

Replies

• nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! And great job, that's way better than I did when starting. :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You did great!
  • michielyn
    michielyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I try to not worry about my pace (it's hard though).
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I walked for 30 minutes today just to keep the habit of getting up and out the door. Took my dog with me. He might join me tomorrow on day two. He's got a ton more energy then me.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats in starting. I am a SAHM who started this program from the far end of the couch this past December. I just ran a 10k last weekend and have started training for a half marathon. If I can do it, I'm sure anyone can. This forum is great. I'm glad you joined.

^ Added - I was such a couch potato after a pregnancy spent in bed and so inactive that I did a few months of Zumba before c25k. That's because I love to dance and I was puffing before I could climb a flight of stairs half way through. Those classes helped me build a fitness base. I'm glad you are starting with 30 mins walks. They will help.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday 6-11-2014.... Week 1 Day 1... this will be my 2nd time doing the program... I am 11 1/2 weeks post partum... I live in NC and with a new baby my only workout time is during my lunch hour (most of the time) so I am running inside on the treadmill (with a 0.5 incline).... I've got about 20lbs of baby weight to get off to be back at my pre preggers weight... feel free to add me!