NEWBIE!!

Options
Jenjaz1910
Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
Hi everyone, I am new to this group and started C25K yesterday.

A bit of history about me:

I am 34 with 2 children (14 & 12), I was diagnosed with Crohns about 8 years ago, but have been in remission for alomost 5 years now. I have been on MFP for about 2 years just over, I originally lost 21lbs between March 2012 and June last year (slow & steady) but I gave up smoking last August and since have gained almost 2 stone :( , I still try and workout when I can but other factors (MIL being diagnosed with cancer and passing away all within 19 weeks) I have really fallen off the wagon, the reason I have started C25K is that when I was a teenager (age 12 - 16) I ran a LOT, I ran for the school, the town and the county doing 800m, 1,500m & cross country. I LOVED running and found 1 of my certificates from 1991 (when I was 12) and it was a certificate for a 4km run that I completed in 18.32 minutes!!! I would really like to do 5km in 30 mins eventually (I did a 5km race about 7 years ago in 35 minutes, and that was when I smoked!!) Alongside C25K I am going to try and get 2 days of other exercise (weights or biking) I also want to try and get back into my clothes from last year more comfortably and lose the weight I've gained. (I know that my diet needs to be better to help with this also)

I am going to try and stick with the C25K plan currently I will be doing it on the treadmill at the gym, so I can judge how fast I can run and keep that pace up before hitting the pavements/park etc...

Any advice and support would be great :) Sorry I have waffled on

Replies

• pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Just don't give up on a bad day. Even seasoned runners have bad runs. Accept bad runs and move on! This forum is simply amazing! One of the best decisions I made was to join. Read all the sticky threads over and over. Some of the tips there helped me finish the program. Two I remember really helped are - slow down if you feel too dry mouthed, out of breath or need to pee and concentrate on your breathing when the going gets tough.
  • kristinwesterfield
    kristinwesterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday, too, so I am with you!!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Although I don't consider myself technically a "Newbie".. I've done the program before... I guess I can fall under that category since I am doing the program again.. I started yesterday.. today I am doing W1D2.... I just had a baby 2 1/2 months ago and have about 20 lbs to get off to be back at my pre-preggers weight... (and then I have more to lose :tongue: LOL )
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I am doing W1 D2 this evening. It was my MIL's funeral on Friday so we've had to delay some things, Just hope all goes ok tonight.

Look forward to keeping up dated with everyone over the next couple of months

Jen :)x