Pure Cardio

Options
Hi everyone, this is my 2nd round of Insanity although admittedly the first round was last year! Also, this time, I'm doing 3 programmes, Insanity, T25 and Turbofire (because I'll be honest, by week 10 of Insanity I'd had enough!)

I've just done Pure Cardio and was laughing to myself at the guy who was completely hanging and barely giving it 20% until he realised the camera was on him...his face just cracks me up :) Then I got to thinking, if the guys on the programme can't do it without stopping for a breath and even Shaun T has to take a break, can anyone complete this workout from start to finish? Has anyone? I'd be in awe if someone can!

:)

Replies

• hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this =) I always laugh at that point in the workout too =) and I have no chance of making it through pure cardio without stopping for a quick water break =)
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    pure cardio is the worst!!!!
    Maybe Tania finished it with no breaks, but she's not human.
    She's a machine
  • Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    pure cardio is the worst!!!!
    Maybe Tania finished it with no breaks, but she's not human.
    She's a machine

Ha ha yes she is something else!

I posted this on Facebook and a friend of mine said she could do it without stopping but I didn't want to insult her by asking if she was doing it at a good, solid pace, or just not stopping, as in, not sitting down!

Yeah his face always makes me laugh, it's like, "Oh crap! They caught me!" There are a few guys on the dvds who definitely slack a little when they think they camera is pointed elsewhere! This gives me hope! :)
  • affeymoreco
    affeymoreco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    which guy are you talking about? which funny part. I've never finished any insanity workout without resting. in fact, one of shaun t's live chats he says, "yesterday was the first time I did pure cardio without stopping". and shaun t himself is nervous at the start. but pure cardio is my best because you don't repeat exercises 3 times till you burn that body part unlike the others. but the switch kick part, I feel like I've lost my abdomen coz I cant feel it. for me, cardio power and resisitance is the toughest..power jumps!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nope! i have found i can do a lot more of it without stopping, but still not the whole thing!
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I blitz through pure cardio non stop but struggle with the plyo stuff.
    Not sure why that is.. probably because I'm used to running round like a headless chicken non stop at football
  • jvilla432
    jvilla432 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yea that is funny I notice that to lol. But I can honestly say im on round 4 of INSANITY and I can almost get through it without a break but insanity never gets easier you just get better thats how i see it
  • twinksie
    twinksie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well that makes me feel better. I always felt disappointed that I couldn't keep up. But my HRM is screaming that I need to slow down and I'm completely exhausted. But man do I ever feel great after getting my butt kicked on one of those sessions. I'm just finishing week 3 and Pure Cardio is the workout I like the least.

That Tania is crazy. I laugh at the girl in the back row when they do jabs (maybe that's Cardio Power & Resistance). Her jabs are terrible and she's just going for speed. It makes me feel better when I know they aren't doing it perfectly.