ways to sneak in exercise

Options
kansas_km
kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
Going to sons basketball camp today. Its at a high school with a track I can walk surrounding the court.....so I can walk while I watch him. Who else has ways to sneak in exercise?

Replies

• Malgorzata79
    Malgorzata79 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    How about you ask your son to play a game of basketball with you after his camp?
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sit most of the day, for my job. I sometimes sneak in squats in the ladies room! Other times, I get up and take a break, and walk around my building at work. I looked into one of the foot cycles that you put under your desk, but my desk is too short me them.
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I always walk to the furthest bathroom at work, down three flights of stairs! I'm sure people think I'm odd, but I don't care - I build up to my 10,000 steps a day doing that! xoxo
  • dmlove128
    dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    luckily i dont have any children YET, so i somehow always find time to exercise. but i know some people who sneak in workouts during commercial breaks (if you watch tv) i think its a good idea! or like you said walk anywhere possible :-) good day!
  • BeingMrsFreeman
    BeingMrsFreeman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Walking on 15 minute breaks at work (taking those breaks is a big step), and timing myself on how far I go.
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We have some good ideas! Even little bits add up!
  • elliexxgeorge
    Options
    I love trampolining with my children in our garden :-)

It's so much fun, doesn't feel like an exercise and I can spent quality time with my boys :happy: win - win! :bigsmile:
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Whenever anyone arranges a meeting with me at work, i offer to go to them rather than have them come to me, as it's an excuse to get out of the office and walk :)
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I work in an office building and during my 15 minute break I go and walk the stairs to the roof and back (20 floors). It started off taking me the full 15 minutes but now I'm down to about 11!