Introductions

Options
1235»

Replies

• princessmollbunny
    Options
    hi I'm Toni, I'm 24 and i'm 15st 2lb i started sw last week after having a break. i want to lose about 3st and then see how i feel. would love to make friends on here to keep me on track lol xo
  • supersmiles11
    supersmiles11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm rosycheeks :-) I've lost 9lbs already on mfp though its been an up down battle at times. My dietitian (I have renal failure) in her "spare" time is a SW leader and she's suggested that whilst using mfp is useful for logging if I came to SW I might eat a healthier diet so I've decided to go for it. I can't make the meetings so signed up to their online diet plan. Hoping I have some success!
  • helend78
    helend78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I too follow SW, I started in Jan this year and so far have lost 1 stone 10lbs. I have a heck of a lot more to lose though so I'm here for the long haul. Would be great to get to know some of you :)
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hi, my name is Charlene, I am doing SW from home started a few of weeks ago and have already lost 10lbs :) Not sure if this group is still active but would love to have some slimming world friends :) xx
  • slummymummy2014
    slummymummy2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP, just started this week. I have previously lost weight with slimming world, but unfortunately the weight has crept back on. It would be great to have some slimming world friends to share stories, recipes, and motivation. X
  • helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have just gone back to doing Slimming World after a two year break from it. I have 4.5 stone to lose. Feel free to add me I log every day and try and support others.

If you email me I will reply.
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:

i'm Laura, i've been on & off on MFP for a couple of years now & yo-yo'd with the odd pound or 2.
    I decided to join SW this year after hearing loads of people saying how good it was, seeing how much weight people had lost, but most of importantly how easy it was to follow the plan. I joined my local SW on January 27th, & have lost 11 & 1/2 lbs so far.
    I still have a way to go, I want to lose another 2 stone 6 & a 1/2 lbs to get to my target.
    Feel free to add me xx
  • our_ayley
    our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hayley and I've been doing Slimming World since February 2014.

I came across this group whilst looking through the forums and wondered if it was still active?

It'd be great if people were still sharing recipes and stories, especially success stories, to keep me and others doing the plan motivated :-)

If you are still active on here feel free to add me as a friend or follow my SW account on Instagran - @sw_hayley

xx
  • pigtoprincess
    pigtoprincess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! Hope to make this group more active. I'm Kayla, I'm from London but switch between London and Warwickshire. I have around 90lbs to lose. I'm going to join slimming world next week. I work shifts so may have to switch between Thursday/Friday groups (same consultant) Friday Mornings being my preferred weigh in day. I have a holiday on 26th August that I'd like to lose 28lbs for! Hope to find some SW cheerleaders to help me through the highs and lows and I of course would love to help you guys any way I can!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joy I have been on MFP for 860 days. Initially I did very well and lost 24lbs but have gained some back. I have fibromyalgia which causes me pain in my muscles and joints I think that has something to do with the gain. I have done slimming world in the past and it worked well for me. Now my fat pants are getting tight so it's time to regain control. Joined online today I don't have time to attend a class. I have 3 kids 2 of who have autism/ADHD and I work full time. I enjoy running, lifting weights and attend a dance class (mixed styles and streetdance).
  • helenw32
    helenw32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Helen. I'm 38 and I've gained weight since moving in with my other half (I suppose I got happy!). I live in Saddleworth and I've joined Slimming World with my sister (baby weight). We've lost consistently so far and I'm finding the plan easy to follow and I'm always satisfied. I do have a question though, is it counter productive to use this site and use SW? It's just that I'm filling in my food diary on here, but then when I complete, it says I'm eating too few calories. Today I was only 29 calories under, but it said that I'm putting my body into starvation mode - I'm losing the weight, but I don't want to suddenly gain because my stomach thinks my throat has been cut!! thanks all
  • nuttytart72
    nuttytart72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tracey from Dunfermline in Scotland. I've been a fan of MFP app on iPhone for a while and whilst that usually worked well, I would still end up returning to old, bad habits when stressed or in pain. Should probably also explain that I have medical problem Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - basically damaged nerves in my right leg so always in pain.

I was generally quite fit and managed the pain through prescribed medication and doing things I enjoyed with my husband, kids and friends. 8 yrs ago I was put on a 'super drug' which really cures the pain, but due to changes in brain chemistry, resulted in a hunger that could not be satisfied. 8 mths on this and 8 stone heavier, the docs discovered what was root cause - had hormone implant about same time so that had to be rules out as cause first - but since then, can't do the things I used to, struggled in a big way with weight loss trying different tools and methods. Managed to lose 1.5 stone myself over couple of yrs, but been fluctuating for last 2 yrs and not really making any progress.

Joined Slimming World at end of May and lost 1st in 5 wks, then had courses & other things going on resulting in putting 1/2 stone back on. At this point, could see SW worked if followed but needed better way to capture syns etc..... with rest of food as had realised part my issue was probably having several Healthy B options as usually didn't write up what I had until end of day.

Having spotted how to amend MFP values to work with SW groups, over the moon and now using this to track what I'm eating etc.... although now looking for a way to capture 'syn' values too as that would be icing on the cake :)
  • Pixiemite
    Pixiemite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 42, married with 2 kids and 2 stepkids. I live in East Devon, but originally from Berksire. I've been attending Slimming World for 4 weeks, I've just started this app. I'm disabled due to a chronic hip problem, so I struggle to do much exercise. Looking to make new friends for support and encouragement.
    Best Wishes,
    Nicky