When do you weigh yourself and how often?

Options
I am really getting frustrated with the scale. I am just curious on when you all weigh yourself and how often?

Replies

• praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at the same time. Some people say to weigh yourself once a week. The truth is, it doesn't make a difference because not looking at the scale isn't going to change your weight.

BUT - Always do try to weigh yourself at around the same time each day, and the best time to do so is almost always after you wake up because that weight is the most consistent.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning.
  • LaurenBG2013
    Options
    Every morning. Even though I know that I am getting in much better shape, and my clothes are getting loser, I still want to see the scale move. It's like I am stuck at 164 pounds.....
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've only recently gotten seriously committed to shedding my bulk.

In trying to stay committed and to keep from getting discouraged, I'm only weighing myself once or twice a week. I don't want to discourage myself with any ups and downs on a daily basis until I've successfully made my new lifestyle more of a habit.

As long as I see a drop of a few lbs over a week's time, I'll be happy.

Once my new eating and exercise routines become habitualized and I'm seeing a good, consistent drop, I may weigh in more often.

I usually weigh-in at the end of the day when I go to take my shower. I can see, though, that mornings would be good too. I think as long as I'm consistent, I'll see the trend.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a week, usually a Monday, early in the morning. Some days i do find myself weight myself every moring, but i only record the Monday numbers.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've decided to do every two weeks.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Every week. In the morning before I shower, but after I pee. Almost always on Wednesday, seem pretty consistent. It doesn't matter as long as you weigh in with somewhat regular variables. Like with any data, just keep it consistently logged and look for a trend.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 - 4 weeks. This way, I'm not dependant upon the scale to make me happy, sad, mad, frustrated, or depressed. Without referencing the scale, I now can really appreciate and celebrate every NSV I experience. Do what works best for you!
  • KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do it every day in the morning. It's frustrating to see some mornings but Ia reminder that 'm the one accountable for that increase or decrease!