Transitioning to healthier eating

Options
meaganlosesit
meaganlosesit Posts: 23 Member
So, I've been getting pretty good with exercising semi-regularly, but I really struggle with my eating habits and choosing those healthier foods. What are ways you all get yourselves on track with making those healthier choices?

Replies

• KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try not to be too hard on myself and understand why I've made an unhealthy food choice and then start again the NEXT meal with a healthier choice. Plus logging in consistently and seeing the stats on the foods you are eating is a BIG eye opener and might make you think twice before doing it again. Good luck!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I have been trying really hard to eat healthier. One way I am able to do that well is by grocery shopping with a list that only includes healthy items. If I want a treat (usually something sweet), I go to a shop to get a single serving and enjoy it. I have been doing exceptionally well with healthy eating since I made a conscience decision to do so. You can do it too!!
  • KreeativeKat
    KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I find I can eat healthily as long as my food is tasty. A salad with low calorie dressing leaves me cold. I tend to make my meals from scratch so can add herbs, spices etc to jazz it up. Tonight it's chicken, chorizo and prawn jambalaya, which I've bulked out with onions, sweet peppers and tinned tomatoes, and I've substituted brown rice for white.

It's all a matter of balance and making changes one at a time, ie so long as healthy outweighs naughty you're on the right track. It's no use beating yourself up and thinking you've failed every time you eat something perceived as 'unhealthy' - that's where the guilt comes in. If you're going to have a piece of chocolate, make it a conscious decision and enjoy it - that way you really appreciate it and you know you' know you're in control.

Good luck with the weight loss, and as so many people say, it's one day at a time.