Hi. Just joined!

Options
saraewhite2009
saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
Hi! My name is Sara. I am going to be 31 in July. I am very short in stature coming in at 4'9 & 3/4" I have two children. soon to be 8 and 5 1/2. I have been married almost 5 years together for 11. I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was in high school.

After I had my children I found it much harder to lose weight and the pounds kept packing on. 2 months ago I really saw how I looked and broke down crying. I weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been at 141 lbs. With my short stature it wasn't good.

So I started making changes little by little. First with exercising everyday to 10 Minute Trainer. But I modified it to go slowly. 10 minutes for 2 weeks, 20 minutes for 2 weeks and 30 minutes for two weeks. Then I started some yoga off of you tube for a week and now I am doing Turbo Jam. After 3 weeks of starting I changed my eating to more of a clean eating because I really wasn't seeing results. After the first week of clean eating I started seeing awesome results.

So now my focus has been getting my workouts in every morning and eating as clean as I can. But I am still human and know I will make mistakes and will need help and Motivation!!! Plus I love to help and give support!!!

Replies

• Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara!

I'm 23 and I'm also a newbie to the group. I'll be trying clean eating for the first time starting today, for the next week. My weight has been seriously yo-yoing ever since middle school, and I feel like it's hurting my body. So I'm trying something new :) I'm 5'4" and I weigh around 135, but this has been my weight for the last year, on average. I'm a pear shape, so it's mostly all on my hips, and I have a small frame too! So I need to get down to at least 129, which for all my trying hasn't happened in the last 6 months :(

I need to muster up all my willpower and break through the plateau. I'm hoping clean eating can give me a little boost to my weight loss goal, and who knows, maybe I'll try to stick with it beyond the first week. I definitely have noticed that eating primarily processed foods really messes with my body (breakouts on my skin, gastrointestinal issues, lethargy, aches and pains), but I don't know if the opposite is true - time to find out!

It is nice to meet you, and let's do this together! :heart:
  • saraewhite2009
    saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE clean eating. It is so simple for me but not so much for my family. I try to tailor as much clean as I can get into their foods and usually just eat for myself. My goal is 105-110 but I haven't weighed that since high school.

Good luck on your journey!!! You can do it! Pinterest has so many great ideas, resources and recipes!!!
  • mohesser
    mohesser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, after 50 years of preparing everything from scratch, I fell off the wagon. I was working, toting kids around, trying to keep up with my husband's hectic schedule and battling with the depressing fact that I had to get rid of my horses, As a result, I doubled my weight in just three years! I'm back to clean eating and hope to share recipes and get to know you all a little better.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Lisa from Massachusetts. I am new to eating clean since the end of May. I started creeping back up to my heaviest weight which was 240, I was 227 and I had to do something. Since May 1st, I have walked every single day except for May 31st (it was my day off from the 30 day spring walk/run challenge). I had lost 8lbs and knew if I did not continue, I would be right back where I started. So on June 1st, I started right back up. I am up to walking two hours. This week I start 2.5 hr walks. I keep adding more time and little exercises along the way. I am now down 12lbs.

Walking has always been my go to and it works. I went to boot camp yesterday which was great since I had taken off some weight, I didn't struggle like I did my very first time in 2010. I did something to my left heel while there and it has been bothering me but I still went on my walk this morning, came home iced it and kept it up so it does not interfere with my walks.

Good luck with the clean eats. I hope that helps me too.
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara,

I'm an MFP rebounder. Back again, and working to not fall off the wagon. I'm no spring chicken (I'm 40), and although I think I look pretty good for my age, I know that my body is not what it was, and things will only fall apart more from here on out! I'd like to regain and retain as much fitness and strength and flexibility as I can as I age.

I was intrigued by the whole clean eating thing because it just makes sense. The more healthy non-junk food you eat, the better fueled and nourished your body is (for fewer calories).

I do try to limit white and grain starches (I just have issues with bloating on starchy carbs and diabetes runs in my family).

I do slip up from time to time or treat myself, as it were, but I'm trying to make clean eating 99% of my diet.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

I also use Instagram to log my meals (and soon my workouts). My username is fit_new_meee on Instagram :)