Do women really lose weight in their bellies last?

Options
Hi everyone! I started low-carbing about a month ago now. I'm doing awesome. I've lost 20 pounds so far! I feel great! Anyway, All my pants are falling off of me so I went shopping today but I was frustrated because all the cute little shorts I found fit me amazingly in my legs (my legs have never looked this great! lol) but were a bit tight in my belly. My grandma said the belly is the last place women lose weight. Is this true? Is there anything (like exercises) that I could do to lose weight in my tummy area too? Thanks! Hope everyone is doing well today! <3

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs in the last 4 months and for me the weight goes away from the top down. First my face, then my chest, then my belly, then my legs...

I think we are all different. You probably are similar to your mom or grandma though - family ties!

Good luck and stick with it!
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple shape so belly is last and it is frustrating when your legs are in shape but your waist holds you back from the next size down!! I read that there is no way to target weigh loss...but exercise may help you lose inches.....Best wishes!!