frustrated

Options
soonerkt87
soonerkt87 Posts: 39 Member
I feel like I have no motivation to lose weight! I am getting married in 10 months, you think that would put a fire under my butt, guess not! is anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I did! Its like the more I HAD to do it the less I wanted it. But it got to the wedding and it really didn't matter at all! We had the best day regardless of the fact I was a fatter than I would have liked.

Now I can get back to trying to be healthier & be the best possible wife I can be. :-)

You'll have a wonderful wedding!!
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am getting married next year in August and I feel the same way. I just keep telling myself that if I give myself more time and lose it gradually that it will take the pressure off of trying to lose it quickly in an unhealthy way when I am a few short months away and still not happy about it.

But I also know that it's my day and my FH loves me the way that I am and regardless it will be a good day.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have to lose weight. My future mother in law is desperate to take me dress shopping, but I know I won't fit into dresses in the majority of boutique places around my apartment. If I want to avoid that stress and shame, I have to lose.
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was the same way until I hit the 6 month mark. There was something about being 6 months out that got it into my head that this was actually happening. I've been doing pretty well since then. Not losing as fast as I want but I'm seeing a difference. I'm now 5 months out and if I stick with it I feel like I have a good chance of getting close to my goal. Maybe find some way to make it click that this is real. It helped me - knowing it was really now or never.

No matter what we'll all look beautiful on our wedding day. :)
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm getting married Feb 28, 2015. I was starting strong in January and then it waned. I started again a month ago but I just get a tiny bit derailed for a day or two and I gain four lbs and I get discouraged. I'm supposed to buy my dress now according to the wedding gurus but I'm so not ready. It really doesn't feel real yet. I'm starting to secure vendors so it is getting more so and I hope the closer it gets, that I will really be encouraged but don't want to set too lofty of a goal since I will have to get through the final most busy months that will include the holidays. I just know I will hate my pictures if I don't drop a good amount.
  • jessicaluttmann
    jessicaluttmann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very frustrated! I'm getting married on October 7, 2014 (which is like 3.5 months away) and I've actually been trying. I joined the gym at the beginning of May and have been going multiple times a week, at least four times. And I've been tracking what I've been eating and trying to keep it around the 1,200 calorie mark, if not lower. And nothing. I don't budge. The scale is not moving, well other then the two pound fluctuation between 209 and 211 lbs. Perhaps I've lost inches, but certainly no weight.
    It's enough to turn me obsessive.... or just give up completely.
    I know that my fiance loves me no matter what, but we're getting married on the beach and I want to be able to feel comfortable and beautiful in my bathing suit or other beach appropraite wear and I know right now, I don't.
    Also, I would really prefer to NOT hate all of my wedding photos...
  • natashaperrotta
    Options
    Completely understand!!! Wedding is August next year and been working out with a trainer since January and I'm only down 15 pounds overall. I know I've gained muscle but it's a mental thing when it comes to that number! I keep putting off the idea of dress shopping but I can't put it off forever!!
  • kvenable8
    kvenable8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was the same way until I hit the 6 month mark. There was something about being 6 months out that got it into my head that this was actually happening. I've been doing pretty well since then. Not losing as fast as I want but I'm seeing a difference. I'm now 5 months out and if I stick with it I feel like I have a good chance of getting close to my goal. Maybe find some way to make it click that this is real. It helped me - knowing it was really now or never.

No matter what we'll all look beautiful on our wedding day. :)

I've been EXACTLY the same way. It was like, I knew I wanted/needed to lose weight, but I just couldn't get going. I was stuck in a rut and didn't know how to get out.
    It was only once I started going to a boot camp/invested in a personal trainer that I've gotten back into it. And trust me, it's sucked. I realised how unfit I've become and it's been hard. That said, I've now been tracking everything I eat/do which is helping MASSIVELY, and getting active again has spurred me on to doing my running and yoga as well.

Once the penny finally drops (and it will in your own time), it gets SO much more exciting. I was dreading how my wedding dress would look on me, and to be honest I bought a dress that didn't fit, knowing I'd lose weight. I'm not going to try it on until I've reached my 3rd weight goal so that I won't be disappointed. My wedding is in October and I can't wait to see what progress I'll make between now and then!

My advise would be, don't stress about it, it will click with you when you're ready, and once you do, the excitement for your big day will only grow! :)
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yes!!! I am frustrated too. And i only have 62 DAYS LEFT!!!! I have only lost 10 lbs, and I have 15 to 20 left to go.

I am on panic mode!!!!!