clap in the hospital

Options
Hi! I was told to bring my cpap with me to the hospital. They said they might need to use it during the surgery- which I thought wasi weird.... but my question is while you're in the room, I imagine that you are often going in between sleeping and not sleeping, so did you try to put on your cpap every time you fall asleep? Thanks!

Replies

• mrsgillis333
    Options
    Darn auto correct! The topic should be cpap in the hospital!!!! Haha haha! But I probably got your attention!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It sure did! I was making a mental note to stay away from that hospital!
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have to say that title got my attention! I did use my cpap in the hospital after surgery. I slept a lot the first 12-18 hours and I knew I would be on pain medication that would deepen my sleep and make me more susceptible to have apnea.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    LOL

I only had to bring my mask. I love my CPAP -- can't sleep without it and feel like crap if I try. I definitely wore mine most of the evening after surgery and overnight.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVED my CPAP machine. Poor thing is now in the basement as I don't need it anymore. I can't answer your question as they didn't tell me to bring it with me for my surgery. I would have brought if I had known. I'm sure I would have slept SO much better during my overnight stay.
  • ChefBH
    ChefBH Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had to bring mine, but i couldnt tolerate it post-op with the nausea
  • mrsgillis333
    Options
    Thanks for all the input!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I brought it but I only used it at night.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I just can't stop cracking up at "clap" in the hospital lol.
  • cutty805
    cutty805 Posts: 54
    Options
    Haha clap at the hospital was a definitely a "wth let's check this one out" lol....as far as the CPAP they told me to bring mine but insisted the respiratory therapist use their machine and mask, but I declined wearing the CPAP at all since I was dealing with recovery and not sleeping very much as it was.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to this conversation except to laugh really loud at the title of the thread.

My husband laughed, too.