New to Group

Options
cjlandmann
cjlandmann Posts: 2 Member
HI All. I have been using My Fitness Pal along with my UP band for some time now and decided I needed a little help staying motivated. I lost about 50 pounds but hit a plateau about a year ago and just can't get past it. Working out is no problem but eating clean is an issue. I have never been too good at sharing but figured this might be worth a try to get me back on track.

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome! You've found your way into a great, supportive group! Congrats on your 50 pound loss!!!:flowerforyou:

-ker (marilyn)
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is a great weight loss ...well done...hope you enjoy this lovely group..... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi cjlandmann,

Welcome to the group. We are a fun group, I have to admit, I have not been as supportive as I have been in the past, just a few things going on in my life.

Congrats on the wonderful loss of 50 pounds! That is wonderful. The ladies here, oh and a few men, are wonderful at cheering people on, so continue to check in and they will help you along the way.

I need to get back to logging each day and get "real".

Good luck to you!
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome CJ - one of the best decisions I made besides joining MFP was joining this group - great people who are supportive, motivating, human (we have are ups & downs) and humorous aka crazy. Glad to have you along on our journey!

Holly
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to this group!
    I usually put a quote on my site each day, one goes like this: When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal and maintenance is a lifelong plateau. So a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world. The secret to this is to never quit and stay with it if it happens again!
    We really need motivation and encouragement and that is why we need friends on MFP. My friends have helped me a lot! You can add me if you need more friends!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome you can do this, we are all here to support you

good luck
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome CJ. This is a fun group. We share our struggles and our triumphs. It works.

Marca, Thanks for the good ideas. Mine will be a long staircase!

Claudine
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this supportive group. What a great accomplishment to lose 50 pounds. You are already a winner. Comment as much or as little as you wish. This group is so accepting of all of us.

I am climbing, climbing , climbing.....
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Congratulations on your fantastic loss so far.

I haven't been on here much because most of the time I'm using my Ipad app, but I do try to check in weekly. MFP has been great for me. I only needed to lose 25 lbs and I plateaued almost a year ago 10 lbs short of my goal. Logging is a very important part of my day because if I don't log -- like last week when 3 grandkids were here -- the weight goes up.

This is a very supportive group; I feel lucky that I've made so many new friends who are on this journey to a healthier lifestyle and a new level of fitness with me. We encourage each other and share each others trials and tribulations.

Welcome and good luck!
  • cjlandmann
    cjlandmann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is a great quote. Thank you
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome C J :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on your great loss! Happy to hear you are ready to get those final 27 lbs off (I checked your profile page). When you are more comfortable, pls join in as we would enjoy getting to know you better.

I am sure you checked us out :laugh: and see that we are a very diverse group but we share one thing in common, and no I wasn't thinking of weight loss, but rather we love to support and encourage each other. No one judges because we all have our individual struggles so sharing helps us hang in there!

Hope you will give us a chance to support you and when you ready send some of us a friend request and we can be there even more often for you! Good luck and welcome, cheers, Marian
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on the great weight loss. I really enjoy this group. I don't post as often as I should, but I like reading all the posts and getting some encouragement. You will like it here.