Intro Yourself

Options

Replies

• BeautifullyBroken4Ever
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Teri or Tess (answer to both). Food has been my only 'friend' & 'comfort' since I was 14. I'm 42 now & because of personal loss am back up to my highest weight of 318.4lbs.
    I'm 5'6 & suffer with depression, social phobia, & type 2 diabetes. So my only support is online. Makes doing this a bit harder to say the least. I found this site & then this group & thought this might just give me a way to get to where I want to go health wise safely.
    I'm looking to lose about 100lbs if possible. My ideal weight is suppose to be about 160 but I've never been that so I'm trying to be more realistic. I figure 220 would be good since I haven't been that low since I smoked in my twenties.
    Anyway, hope to make some friends & lose a little weight in the process. lol

Talk again soon. :)
    :heart: :blushing: :heart:
  • jesspete81
    jesspete81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica. 32yo, mother of two. Work from home, part time and chase my kids the rest of the time.

Currently at 255, have lost 15lbs so far, over the past few weeks. Was thin through high school, and just slowly started rolling on pounds over the years as my bad eating habits remained, but my metabolism slowed.

Don't want to end up as a special on Discovery Health, so it's gotta change now.

I'm restricting calorie intake, but not cutting out entire food groups or following a strict routine. Maybe I will when I'm within 15 lbs to go, instead of 15lbs lost.
  • dwntwnpengrl
    dwntwnpengrl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm Molly. 44. No kids. Current weight is 245. I have 1 very supportive boyfriend and 1 very supportive mother. I mostly live with my boyfriend who is a type 2 diabetic. But I do own a home where I stash my mother

I was early to "mature." I had a very curvy body and weighed 140 by the time I was in the 8th grade. Not exactly what this 8th grader was looking for. By graduation from high school I was 180. By graduation from college I was 240. I got down to 192 (I do remember the exact weight) in my early 20s but no where near that since. 267 was my high briefly in January when I sort of gave up and ate whatever whenever.

I LOVE food. I love extremely good food and I love crappy food - everything from foie gras to fritos.

I don't hate exercise. I generally like it. But, my hours are erratic and are usually 50-60 a week. I work a typical desk/management job but I also frequently have night meetings. So, morning workouts are usually OK but sometimes when I get home at 9:30pm I can't get my butt out of bed at 5:30 (especially if I have multiple night meetings in a row). And it's tough to workout after a 12 hour day. Add to the problem that having carried around all this weight ( having been a runner - yes at this size - in my late 20s and early 30s) is I've killed my joints. I LOVE to swim and do it when I can (a couple times a month). Excuses I know but when a girl is tired and hurting, it's hard to find motivation.

I'm restricting calories to 1450 right now (knowing I'll have to lower it). I'm also taking an Rx, Belviq (appetite suppression).
  • aliciar8401
    aliciar8401 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello !

I'm Alicia. I've been off and on MFP for a year now, but with no support and waning motivation. I was always slim until I hit early 30s. Then fast food, no exercise, university, babies and being really really tired started me gaining until I now need to lose over 100 lbs. Two months ago I hit 256 lbs and I decided that is craziness. I need help and friends along this journey. I hope several of you here on this path will walk with me!

I am a optimist about pretty much everything.... I try to see the good in the bad. I have a good sense of humor. I work in an office so I sit all day long. Does anyone do 25 minute Pomodoros with a 5 min break? With nice weather, I am going to try walking for some of those 5 minute breaks starting Tuesday. I need to be consistent... and accountable.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you here and making new friends!
  • TipTipJuicyRed
    Options
    Hi im Tiffany! im engagedto phillip, together we have 4 children, 3 of which came out of my own body. i am currently 5 ft 2 inches tallweighing in at 261. at my heaviest i was 290. my goal weight is 160. i never wanted to be thin just healthy! im type 2 diabetes, and i need a hernia operation. the dr will not operate untilim under 200 lbs, ive considered surgery but i really wanna do this on my own!
  • OHArtemis
    OHArtemis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Diane, a native Ohioan currently in Columbus. I have been struggling to lose weight since I was 11, and have experienced the worst two years of my life since my marriage fell apart in April 2012. My emotional outlook improved significantly when I started weight lifting and strenght training in October, but I cannot seem to get ahold of the food cravings and healthy eating, especially where sweets are concerned. Currently about 328 and my goal is 200 lbs, which my trainer says is entirely realistic given my body frame, ethnic heritage and height (5'9"). Looking for any and all support that will enable to me to reach this 128-pound weight loss. I also cycle regularly, which I LOVE, but exercise alone is simply not cutting it. Best to you all on your journeys!!
  • mandapanda1083
    mandapanda1083 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a 30 year old living in Pennsylvania. I'm tired of being overweight and am ready to make a change. I've had the myfitness pal app for awhile but haven't really been using it. Looking for support and friends to help me keep on track!
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im Sara and I just rejoined MFP - I really need to lose some weight and get healthy! I am over 40 and this has made losing a little harder but I am not going to say impossible! This has been my first week counting calories and I feel happier when I am working to control my eating - I am hoping to see a loss when I weigh in tomorrow.
  • tmo39
    tmo39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have decided it is time to improve my health and life. I found this website and now this group. I hope to provide and find support from others that are trying to loose a substantial amount of weight. At 260, I was larger than I have ever been - even during all 3 of my pregnancies. Over the past few month I have made some major breakthroughs and now my focus is on moving forward with a more positive, healthy and active life. I have been making changes in my eating and joined a gym about 3 weeks ago. Last week I purchased a Fitbit to see if that would help. So far in the past 3 weeks I have lost about 14 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but it's a start.

Looking forward to meeting some accountability friends on here. Send me a friend invite and/or www.fitbit.com/user/2QH28L
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melody. I am a transplanted Michigander living in Tennessee now. I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Vernon, and a mother of two grown daughters and grandmother of 7 grandchildren with the 8th coming in October. I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was 15, or maybe even earlier. I am now 54. I weight 120 when I married the first time in 1978. In my 30's, I ballooned up to 366 pounds. I lost 100 of that on NutriSystems but who can afford that long term. I have done many different diets, i.e. Weight Watchers, Juicing, Raw Vegan, Tops, Kimkins, Atkins, and the list goes on. While I love the juicing and get great results, it can be quite expensive. I have decided that counting calories is my best bet because I can literally eat anything I want...I just have to account for it and eat in moderation. I choose healthy foods but now and then there might come a time when I will want something that isn't so healthy. When that happens I will count my calories and when I am up to 1550 calories for the day...I'm done. Plain and simple.

I started MFP *this time* on 6/5/2014 weighing 280 pounds. I am determined to make this work and by the grace of God, it will. I need all the encouragement, friendship and accountability I can get. Exercise will be a big part of my success. That will be walking and hopefully developing into running as I have a longtime dream of running a 5k as well as doing aerobics, Richard Simmons Sweatin' To the Oldies on rainy or super cold days.

Please add me if you are up to coaching or supporting a Loser, pun intended lol.
  • puffykitty82
    puffykitty82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have joined a medical weightloss center in my city to help me drop the weight. I wanted to use MFP as a way to help keep me honest with my tracking. I am on a 1400 calorie plan by the doctor at the weight loss center. It is my last ditch effort I guess before seriouslly considering surgery. I do not want to go that route (I hate hospitals).

I have a long way to go and was hoping by being active in the online communties on MFP I will be more likely to stick through this.

If anyone wants to add me as a buddy please message me. Thnx.
  • wantonfrolicking
    wantonfrolicking Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Margee. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my spouse and too many pets. I'm in law school and do lots of sitting. We're in the adoption process and hope to have an elementary-aged child living with us in the next couple of months.

I have struggled with weight my entire life. Five years ago I was able to get down to my lowest weight, in the 170s, but I have since gained a hundred pounds. I very much want to lose weight to be able to be active with my children and active with myself.

While motivated, I am struggling with actually losing weight. Despite visiting the gym 4-6 times a week, my weight has simply maintained (despite fluctuations in the scale). I recognize this might be part of the "starting" process, but I feel powerless in the weight loss game, something I used to be an expert at.

I'm looking to try new things and find a supportive community who knows what it's like to feel frustrated in your own body. I am only 26, but already my knees hurt, walking up stairs takes the wind out of me, and my body just doesn't feel good.

I would like to have more friends on MFP. Please add me or message me if interested!
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Billie, a 41 year old chef and sometimes doula, mom of three amazing children ages 23, 18 and 16 and wife to a very supportive and loving man. I have struggled with being overweight for most of my adult life and have been on MFP for a few years with mixed dedication (and therefore, mixed results). I usually go a couple of months and do just fine before getting derailed, giving up on tracking and gaining all the weight back. This time, even though I have been far from perfect, my attitude has changed and I am able to see a setback as something to prompt me to take a step back and re-evaluate and move forward rather than allow it to drag me down and make me lose momentum. Because of this new outlook, I'm proud to say that despite a few weeks of being less than conscientious about my choices, I have tracked all of my food for all but two of the last 158 days!

I started out at almost 300 pounds, and my first big goal is to simply get below 200 pounds, which means 68 pounds to lose to reach that goal. I'm going for a slow but steady because I'm aiming to do more than just lower my dress size, I am overhauling my life! I'm sick of feeling tired and want to take back my life and be the active and healthy person I know I can be. I look forward to shopping for that new wardrobe, too!

I'd love to make some MFpals to share stories, struggles, encouragement and support as well as helping each other stay accountable and motivated. Feel free to send a friend request, I am a very active and supportive pal here on MFP! I LOVE cheering my pals on and need some friends who will do the same!
  • joyroper28
    Options
    Hello!! I am completely new here and looking for supporters like my life depended on it!! (which I guess it does lol)

My name is Joyia -or Joy whichever you prefer, I'm 30yrs old and I'm new mom. I have always had weight issues and coming from a family that is always brought together by food- its been a hard road for weight loss. I have been on so many diets in the past and have lost up to 20lbs at the maximum. I feel that once I get a decent amount of weight loss that I feel (like 10-20lbs),I get cocky lol. In my mind I feel good and fall off the wagon instead of using that as momentum to continue.

My family has a history of diabetes, asthma and heart health issues- all different sides of the family but there it is- so me keeping this weight on isn't doing me any favors in the long run. After having my son it opened my eyes a bit more to want to be healthier not just for myself but for him as well.

I binge eat and I enjoy food overall and know part of my problem is portion control- a major part. I do like healthy food and try making better choices any chance I get. I don't have a very decent income so that makes it harder but I don't want it to be an excuse!

any who , im looking for support and will support you right back! thanks!
  • Jenbug537
    Jenbug537 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jen. I am 35 years old from southern California. Been on here for about 3 months and down 60 pounds so far. Looking for some encouragement and friends!
  • lumpykevin
    Options
    Hello!
    People call me Kevin...you should to. I' m 19 and I've been obese for most of my life( currently 114 kg, 5ft 6). I've lost 24 kg over the last six months(without really doing anything except not binging), but My weight has kinda plateaued and I'd like some advice on what to do, how to start seriously losing weight, stuff like that. Kinda like a mentor, fitness buddy thing. I'm mostly friendly.
  • dynah81
    dynah81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Diana, and I live in South Jersey. I've been overweight most of my life, and I'm motivated more than ever to get this weight off. I'm down 18 pounds, but I'm looking to lose over 160 pounds.
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just call me SR. I'm single. I'm 46.

After my ten year relationship ended I made some small changes the turned out to have big impacts on my life. I got active. I ate better and I started dropping dress sizes.

Yet in the last year or so I've gone back to bad habits, given up the changes and have been undoing all the work I did I'm backup to 335lbs. I not only want to stop the backslide but get back to where I was.

I try not to focus on the numbers. So, going to take it one day at a time.
  • Maggie52627
    Maggie52627 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am Maggie. My highest weight (March 2013) was 339. I am now somewhere in the vicinity of 270. (this is the first time I have publicly shared those numbers) I have either been on a diet, or was aware that I should be on a diet, since grade school and I am 49 years old. My goal is to be healthy, not skinny or sexy or anything else. I have a good life and I want to be around to live it for a very long time.

I started this weight loss journey due to significant health concerns, then promptly began to lose motivation once I felt better. It seems I have gained and lost the same 10-15 lbs too many times to count in the past year or so. I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago to try to get myself back on track. I had stopped tracking my food and exercise, and thus fell back into bad habits.

Just when I thought I had my diet under control w/MFP, a friend came to visit for a week. We "celebrated" with food the entire time. (we both struggle with our weight). My friend left yesterday, so now I am facing the music. My wife turned to me last night as I was eating a giant bowl of ice cream and said only, "You are going to be so mad at yourself before long." Boy, was she ever right. .

Today, I am struggling with negative thoughts. I know I should be proud of myself for saying, "this stops today", and getting back on track. Instead, I am focused on the "failures" of last week. I'm hoping to sweat out some of the negativity in my yard today (I live to garden), but the rain may force me to turn to my exercise bike instead.

How do the rest of you handle this situation? We all know that beating ourselves up does not really help with weight loss, but I'm fairly sure we all do it. The physical aspect of weight loss is the easy part for me. It's the mental aspect that defeats me every time. suggestions?
  • MamaPochy
    MamaPochy Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi my name is Debbie and I live in Bear Delaware! I have 240 pounds to lose total and have every intention of losing every single one of those pounds! When I was younger I use to power walk 5 miles a day and do a lot of strength training and then life, long story, sort of got in the way and so now here I am. But doesn't mean I have to stay here! :wink: