Check In June 18, 2014

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey duckies,
Happy Hump Day!

Hopefully today will be a productive day for me. Yesterday I made a list and startled tackling but was so sore with joint and back pain, I only got half done. Food was okay--not stellar, but not a binge fest either.

Heather, I know what you're saying about hitting that time where you are sick of chicken breast and salad. I have to either step it up and try some new recipes or find something better than food, only my brain keeps wanting that sugar-carb rush and gets depressed.

So today's challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to find something that gives you wonderful pleasure that is not food related. Sit in the moment and enjoy the heck out of it. And post what it was.

Karen in Maine

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Good morning! At home again today with the kiddo. I am pretty sure her fever broke tho, she is still sleeping but finally feels cool. Was a very rough night for her. I still have some damage to track for me too.

Yes...I need to get my skinny recipe googling on. That should fix my slump. I do love me some cauliflower rice. A little high on sodium the way I make it but is so awesome I have to stop myself from eating the whole batch!

Today is going to be a little crazy depending on how baby girl does. Tmorrow we get our much awaited new living room furniture and since she has been home since Friday, you can imagine the destruction a 3yr old can do to a house. Hoping I can do damage control and get it cleaned up to make room for new and out wth the old. But, if she needs her Mama, that is all off.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Helloooooo? Where is everyone???

I just saw the no bread mini challenge thread... I knew it was coming, but FIVE days??? Eeek. I will try, though! I need an incentive to actually cook something other than microwave bags of frozen veggies.

Heather, you are doing awesome with another weight drop. Only 11 pounds to your lowest weight in 8 years??? Wow.

Okay gang, pop in and post! It's lonely in here.
    Karen
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I haven't found any wonderful pleasure yet today--cleaning toilets and closets don't count. But I do have a lake swim play date with two silly seven year olds later. :-)
  • blondageh
    Options
    I have no pleasures either. Fighting a horrible asthma attack. I just did a two round treatment off the nebulizer so I'm shaking so bad it's hard to type. Lol. And STILL hacking. These treatments don't work anymore. Ugh. They used to. Really don't want to take prednisone because I think many of us all know why. Plus the last few times I have gone completely bat **** crazy. Well, daughter is better but she passed it on to my lungs. Dang. Stupid lungs.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Oh and no bread is so much easier then you think! Egg beaters, salads and even a potato can be great subs. I make huge omelets with meats, veggies and cheese. Baked potatoes with some fajita meat, beans salsa and cheese. So many many things you can do without bread.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

I slept in today (definitely a pleasure) and now the hubby is making me breakfast. When I heard the pan start sizzling and saw my Australian Shepherd hiding in my bed (she is afraid of the sound of a sizzling pan) I panicked and yelled down the stairs "honey, what are you doing?" He yelled back "making you breakfast!" I immediately panicked because of the no bread challenge...but he said it is just bacon & eggs so we're good.

I need to drive over to my school today and clean a few things in my classroom today...now I just need to find the motivation.

Angie
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning/day Everyone!!!

Today is a bit busy for me. I am waiting on a call from the car dealership to get my car back. YUCK, I hate being without my car. I have a Dr. appt with my back surgeon. I had a cortisone shot April 18, and it worked for a short period of time. Now I am in more pain then I was before. OUCHIE. I'd like to take my doggie to the park. But without a vehicle, not possible. I am also waiting to hear about a new job. Here's hoping I get it.

I'd like to tell everyone about a new product I tried. I don't like plain water much. I live on mix-ins. Wal-mart I feel has the best cherry mix-in. Well, that was till I tried the strawberry-watermelon flavor this morning. No added chemicals, It is 15 cals per serving, but OMG, it is SOOOOOOOOO awesome. Just had to share.

Well, here's for a great day!!!!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I was so tired all day yesterday, but today seems to be going a little better. I also dropped my water bottle on the walk home and it broke. I sucked it up and bought a nice sturdy new one right away, but ugh, do not like that I had to spend that money.

Maybe my pleasure today will be sitting in the sauna after my workout this evening. I find it sooo relaxing. Not quite sitting on the beach listening to the waves on a balmy day, but it's what I've got :)
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Cari,

I'm one of those lucky people who like water. Although, I love me some diet pepsi too! I know it isn't good for me...but I have been giving in recently. I really want to try those naturally flavored waters that you see on pinterest. Just cut up chunks of strawberries, lemon, lime, etc and soak them in your water. However, I need to make it to my next paycheck before that can happen.

Angie
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh YAY, people posting things!

Heather, I hope your asthma is letting up. Texas summer must be tough on you. Cari, I hear you about the back issues. I ruptured a disk last year and had a couple of shots, then had the neurosurgeon tell me that I'm basically too fat for him to help me. So now I ice, stretch, see a chiropractor, swim, and just pray for good days.

Not much to write about today. I am doing boring chores and watching Law & Order SVU reruns. Eliot Stabler has the sexiest forearms.

Karen
  • chefkryia
    chefkryia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday, I made some awesome barbacoa to fill the mexican food urges. Ate mine with just some rice, black beans no cheese or tortilla (well..a couple of tortillas ..not as many as I would have normally). :)

It is so HOT here already (east texas, close to a lake, but not close enough) so none of us even want to go outside. Going to make some green chili/tomatillo pork today (more rice for dinner ;) )

I have some laundry to do as well..no real fun todayand i get to work the next four days *cheers sarcastically* :)

Send friend requests, messages, I like talking to new people and making new friends.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hey, welcome Chef! Nice to have you join our crazy group. Sounds like you cook some yummy stuff--we should start a recipe thread! Yesterday the meat fairy (my friend Margaret) came to my house and delivered 25 pounds of grass fed ground beef, organic pork chops, and organic duck sausage, all raised and slaughtered by her niece in northern Maine. How lucky am I???

Okay guys, don't faint, but I actually made my way to the post office today!!! Norah, your bling should arrive on Friday. Heather, I threw in a bonus with your swimsuit... I think you'll laugh! Hopefully yours will arrive Friday too.

Also went to the hardware store to get the rollers I need to do the deck so I can set up my studio FINALLY.
    I really hate how my weight combined with the Still's disease makes everything such a freaking struggle. Just running a few errands is like a sweaty marathon.

That said, it's easier than it was 23 pounds ago! BOOM!

Karen
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone... I am so far off the wagon at this point, I end up tracking my mornings and lunch, then don't give a hoot by the end of the day. Cooking with little to no food has left me so stressed out I'm not in the mood to care about details. Which is wacky for me because I'm an anal-rententive detail oriented crazy person... LOL

Anyway...I saw a whole lot I wanted to respond to, but once again, work needs to take priority...ah, the almighty dolllar... :(

OOOOHHHH!! And as far as low-carb recipes to get you out of boredom, www.skinnytaste.com has a whole section on low-carb recipes! Her main page focus is on making family style recipes healthier... :)

Carly, from beneath the stack of papers that covers her desk, somewhere in southeastern Oklahoma...
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Carly, I hope you get a break soon. You should call your local food bank--this time of year they all have great produce to give away.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 44 Min bike ride. Despite that fact that I would happily have someone put me out of a misery (though just being sprayed with a cold wet hose would do for now). I'm not miserable, just very tired out.

It was a much better ride today, I went out this afternoon when it was 82 wich didn't sound fun but the hot hair was far better for my asthma then Mondays 63. I also went much further at an faster average speed. Traveled 8.04 Miles with an average sped of 10.83mph. Compared to mondays 2.49 Miles at 7.90mph. I did have to stop and rest several time and had to get off and walk the bike off a hill after I convinced myself and off road path would be nice on the way back, though the downhill journey all the way back home was worth it.

Wish I had a pool right now, a nice cold dip sound like an excellent idea. A shower and then some lunch will have to do.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Told you your endurance is going to build! Didn't think is was going to be that fast tho! Well done! I have accomplished nothing today but painting my nails and toes green so I look like I'm ready for St. Pattys Day. Not the look I was going for. Oh well. I am also over 1000 calories already...very scary. Wanting to hit the pool bad but since nothing else got done and the people are still coming to deliver the stuff tomorrow....yeah...well clean spree it is. Calories will be burned one way or another.

Girl, whenever payday does come, buy chicken galore. It's cheaper per lb then beef and so is ground turkey. Summer is perfect time for fruits and veggies too. Stock up and you will get back on track.

Hang in there.

Omg Karen..I can't wait to see! ????????????❤????
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord, did I bother to even read or think while typing. Let's blame it on the heat.
  • blondageh
    Options
    What do you mean? Because you wanted someone to shoot you or because you apparently walked your bike off a hill? ????

In other news... anyone want to see my Green mani? ????
  • blondageh
    Options
    I will take your silence as a YES!
    C360_2014-06-18-16-23-50-400_zpsa8il06vv.jpg
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today was a pretty decent day for me. I've tracked all my food, and I talked my boyfriend into getting up and going to the park. Did day 2 of the first week of Couch to 5k and ran a few minutes longer than I needed to, just to finish up the lap I was on a bit faster. Also started a spreadsheet so I can see my progress as far as average speed/distance/etc.

The only thing I haven't done today is keep up with my water intake, but I'm getting there. About to finish up my first water bottle (5 cups), and I'll get another bottle in this evening, which will put me at my minimum for the day.