Options
jmcdonald2011
jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
Hi there, I looked for an introduce yourself topic, but couldn't find one. So here I am :) My name is Jan, I am 39 years old and am joining the joys of menopause a bit early due to a hysterectomy 2 and half years ago. So now I am trying to lose weight and kick some bad habits. I feel like I am retraining myself to live an everyday life.

Replies

• Cind4651
    Cind4651 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan, I'm Cindy, another newbie! I'm 50, and I'm just plain tired of being overweight. I'm hoping for a support group, some people to share challenges with, and people to encourage/be encouraged by.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Menopausal Mad Hatters Jan and Cindy... !!

(Hmmm.. if we had a Marsha we'd have 1/2 the brady bunch lol)

So glad to have you aboard; and look forward to getting to know you both!

We usually start a new thread (topic) the first of each month, but everyone's been a little busy lately so we're still in May lol..

here's the link to our current musings and goals and progress etc.... come on over and jump on in.. all ya need is a sense of humour

(which we all need just to get thru menopause!!) so hope to see ya there! Welcome again its a great group!

(and if you're really bored you can read thru our previous postings to get to know a little about us as well lol)

:bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1273619-may-day (just click on the link to the left)

:)
  • PurpleLogic
    Options
    So happy to have found this group. I am 55 and about 5 years post menopause and until I found this place have not been able to lose a darn pound. TY for being here. My struggle with weight is new since I had a great metabolism all my life. then I quit smoking, ditched the monthlies and started daily cortisone meds. So much for staying slim LOL..
    I am hopeful I can lose the weight with a great group of understanding ppl!