VSGers in June.

Options

Replies

• dezbie
    dezbie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my sleeve June 26th! My liquid diet starts the 19th and I'm kind of nervous. Hoping to find some support of someone going through the process as the same time as me. I have a feeling the liquid diet is going to break me!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My liquid diet (Diabetic Boost) will be for two weeks before my surgery in September or October. I guess weaning off of caffeine is also part of the deal before surgery. I am going to take the advice given to me by a member on here and start to mix regular and decaf so the withdrawal isn't too severe.
    I'm so looking forward to the gift of the surgery that putting up with the liquid diet for 2 weeks and getting off of caffeine will be a small price to pay.
  • lthoma01
    lthoma01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I had mine on June 2 and am feeling almost 100%. I tire more easily, but otherwise doing well.
  • mrsgillis333
    Options
    Mine is June 18th. I can't believe it's almost here!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best with your surgery Mrsgillis333. By the time you know it you will be beginning your post-surgery journey. :smile:
  • DeweyRN
    DeweyRN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I had my sleeve on June 3rd and I am so thankful for this amazing tool! I still struggle with emotional hunger and food cravings every day but it is awesome to know that physically, that is no longer an option. I am taking it one minute at a time! Looking forward to getting to know others that have had this procedure.

Aubrey

P.S. I have lost 22 lbs since my surgery date! I blew the pre op diet badly so no weight loss happened there!
  • watsoncr118
    Options
    Just had mine June 12th! Really struggling to get in my protein! Love having fellow sleevers to talk to about the struggles and triumphs!
  • DeweyRN
    DeweyRN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am having the same issue. I am averaging 45-50 gm per day which I know is not enough. I am still trying to find a protein supplement that doesn't make me nauseous. I am told that this will settle down as time passes.

Aubrey
  • kerrieward77
    kerrieward77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for June 24th.
  • alexasmom10
    alexasmom10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had my surgery June 4th.
  • hernancr
    hernancr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery on May 27.
  • hernancr
    hernancr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find myself wanting to constantly eat things for the past few days. I hope it goes away. I have a hard time getting all my water in. I am wondering if I am just thirsty but feeling hungry. I was hoping I would not feel hungry but that is just not the case. I hope everything gets better for you!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not a June Sleever, mine was in May, but I'm starting to notice that drinking more makes me way less hungry, so i'm trying to be mindful of drinking when I think I'm hungry and see if it goes away.
  • bkw2010
    bkw2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled for July 1, but I started my 2 week pre-op diet today, so I'm thinking of this as the start of my new life. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • stepholl
    stepholl Posts: 15
    Options
    My Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I cant believe it. I am totally nervous and excited.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Me! I just had VSG on 6/9.
  • JodiLynn062514
    Options
    I am scheduled for 6/25/14! I am excited and nervous all in the same breath!
  • lthoma01
    lthoma01 Posts: 7
    Options
    I had mine June 2. All is well, better than any expectations.
  • smilesnangels
    Options
    Did you get sleeved on May 29? I did. How is it going for you?
  • nkac1980
    nkac1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had mine done June 2nd