Need to Connect with VSG patients who are 1-2 years out

Options
vmudgett
vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
I had a VSG in 2011. Had a lot of complications. Lost 100 pounds. I have some leftover difficulties and still 30 pounds from goal. I hit a wall aad could not lose and now I am starting to gain! I gained 10 pounds. I am totally freaked out. I can't regain my weight. I need help, support and ideas. Anyone? Thanks.

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and track all your food every day? Weigh, not measure or eyeball? Track every last morsel? That's the only way you can be sure of how much you are eating.

If you are gaining weight, you are eating more calories than you are burning. The only way you will lose is to cut back. And the only way to consistently cut back is to know exactly how much you are eating.

Good luck!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    vmudgett, I am three years our next month. I started with 226 to lose, I have 66 left to goal. I lose slowly and stall often. Exercise is sporadic due to arthritis and injuries. I am not willing to be done yet, so I continue to work the plan. I will get to goal eventually! Send a friend request if you want.

Pat
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    114 lost. Reached goal and maintaining
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I had WLS sleeve surgery 2 years ago and met my personal weight goal in April 2013 and been in maintenance ever since. I do go up and down on scales as much as 10 pounds. My lowest was 124, highest was 140 but back down to 130 this last month due to packing and moving. I like to be around 135. I log all foods good, bad and ugly on here. I try to get 80 grams of protein daily and drink over 80 oz of water a day. Three meals a day and 2-3 snacks a day. I lost a total of 47 pre op and then lost 99 post op. total lost 146.
    Good luck!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am 20 months post op RNY. I have been at maintenance for over a year now. My weight fluctuates about 3 pounds either way. I do have my days that I am slightly over, but never by much. I weigh, measure, and track every morsel that goes in my mouth and when I enter a new recipe I carefully weigh and measure out those serving sizes. Exercise is sporadic for me. I can't afford a gym, but I do have a punching bag, a weight bench, and dumbbells to work with. And DVD's. I sold my treadmill because there just wasn't room and now I miss it--I'd move my couch out for it if I had my way!
    Hang in there, and use MFP. It's a great tool!!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am 20 months post op RNY. I have been at maintenance for over a year now. My weight fluctuates about 3 pounds either way. I do have my days that I am slightly over, but never by much. I weigh, measure, and track every morsel that goes in my mouth and when I enter a new recipe I carefully weigh and measure out those serving sizes. Exercise is sporadic for me. I can't afford a gym, but I do have a punching bag, a weight bench, and dumbbells to work with. And DVD's. I sold my treadmill because there just wasn't room and now I miss it--I'd move my couch out for it if I had my way!
    Hang in there, and use MFP. It's a great tool!!!

Hey yeah...you could've just thrown some cushions down on it and used it as a couch then like a hide-a-bed removed them when you wanted to use it for walking :smile:
  • khontz
    khontz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Was 425 when I started my journey. Lost 50 preop, surgery day 2/25/2013 was 375. Reached MY goal november of last year of 220. have been maintaining just fine with a 5 pound fluctuation. Going to the gym 3 days a week since last august and feeling great. Doing things I never thought possible. I would not ever change and let myself gain again.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    vmudgett, I am three years our next month. I started with 226 to lose, I have 66 left to goal. I lose slowly and stall often. Exercise is sporadic due to arthritis and injuries. I am not willing to be done yet, so I continue to work the plan. I will get to goal eventually! Send a friend request if you want.

Pat

Pat, you are so motivational! I can only hope to have your positive attitude along my journey!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 months post sleeve and have been in maintenance for 5 months. Recently decided to take off another 10 to put me smack in the middle of "healthy" bmi. About 5 to go now. Best advice I can offer is really basic... move your body and focus on protein. I firmly believe I'd not be where I am today (maintaining realitively easily) without an exercise practice. AND it IS a PRACTICE. Some days I can make that bike my b!+ch, others, I struggle to finish 45 min 4 levels lower than normal. But I do it anyway on those days to maintain the habit. I'll feel better through the day after a light workout than after none at all. I also exercise first thing as its advantageous for the metabolism, helps me with habit denvelop mentioned and starts my day right so I'm less likely to muck it up with poor choices later.
  • bigtimebuck
    bigtimebuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too would like to connect with some Seasoned Sleevers. I'm 1.5 years out, and not yet in maintenance, still a long way to go.... I'm a slow loser, but I'm ok with that, I'm down a lot, and still get tons of compliments :) I am happy with my progress, I just have to keep on keepin' on! Gotta love the enthusiasm of the newbies, but I learn the most from those who are ahead or abreast of me in the journey, so I look forward to making a few new "experienced" friends!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OK, I realized I already answered this post and now I can't delete this. Sorry folks.
  • lisa2job
    Options
    Hi , I am 2 years out lost 119 lbs orinally never quite made my goal weight, had an injury last march that kept me pretty Imobile and I gained back 35 lbs......but I also at the same time started snacking and eating junk.... Back to basics now ...going to physical therapy and soon re joining the gym, lost 4 lbs this week 50 more to goal ...eating like I am suppose to .....we can do this all together