TT and Weight Loss - What are your TSH/T3/T4 levels

Options
dalmiechick45
dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
Hi All, just curious, where you started losing weight? What were you thyroid levels,? 2.5 years of TSH spikes and lows... added T3, took away T3 differing levels of Synthroid, etc....

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's, and I started losing once I learned to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. I plateaued, then started losing again once I got an activity tracker.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I lose best when my TSH is around a 1 and my free T4 and free T3 are higher than the middle of the range. I tend to stop losing anything when my TSH rises above a 3.

I have also noticed that it's easier to lose weight and keep my levels at a great place for me in the summer (May-Oct). My levels go off again in the colder months and I'm not sure why.

Logging accurately is definitely helpful for losinv weight. It also lets me know when I need to go in and get my levels checked. When I do everything right and stall for two months, it's always because my levels are off again. Might not be true for everyone, certainly true for me!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Thinking May to October being the best months for weight loss for maracuya23. I agree with this for myself last year. This time zoning could be because with low thyroid function we run at lower than normal body temps even when the weather is warm I am often 35.5 up and about. I have read that being cold contributes to weight gain, I think this related particularly to the elderly. I wonder if we can raise our temperature in some way, might we be able to do better all year round. Stabilising our personal T levels, the gold standard for all, might be the key to this difference. If only it could be that easy.

Eta. I am trying to build a full picture of my symptoms by monitoring what I can.
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi! I don't know what my T3 levels are my Dr doesn't test me for v that. :(
    But my T4 free is 1.5 and my THS is .4

This is from 5.6 and .5 2 months ago before RAI. Never had trouble getting weight off before. I don't like it! Lol