Day 6 Saturday, June 21, 2014

Options
Cybaby1
Cybaby1 Posts: 201 Member
Saturdays are normally very busy for my family. During busy times, how do you prepare yourself to make sure you are getting your exercise in and eating healthy? Time tends to be an issue for me.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Being single, I am not really busy on my off days.....so I try to get the exercise in, but trying not to overeat is another issue altogether!! lol Because I am not busy....I get bored, so I have to try and keep my 'hands' busy and away from stuffing food in my mouth. I try to 'unclutter' my home, try crafts like knitting or jewelry making or sorting out my gazillion recipes that I have collected!! Getting exercise in during the work week is the hard part for me...I get up early and get home late...so will try and get the exercise in when I get home.
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, weekends are always hard! I got up early this morning to get my workout done as I'm out this afternoon. 80 minutes on the elliptical and then P90X3 The Warrior workout (wanted to bank a good amount of calories as I am eating out tonight).

Happy Saturday everyone! xo
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Got up early this morning and ran 4 miles. I had planned on running 5 but my legs had other plans. I think it's too soon anyway. I've only been back running consistently for 11 days. I have a very quiet weekend planned. Looking forward to catching up on some reading, evening walking the dog, and NAPPING on the back patio. Maybe I ought to do some house cleaning, or not. :laugh:
  • wonderwomen888
    Options
    doing relay for life today it is a 18 hr event, not sure on how long i will be walking for but i will be walking alot
    so that will be my exercise for the day.
    have a great MFP:smile:
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Got 30 minutes of Hip Hop Walk DVD in. Made it thru!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

Went for a walk today, 8Km (~5miles), so no Jillian for today.

Great macros for me today

301ehj6.jpg

Kisses to you all,
    Tatyanne
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I feel like death. working until 3. and I do not want to move.. rats.. i brought clothes but I'm NOT going to the gym. what will the afternoon bring?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I feel like death. working until 3. and I do not want to move.. rats.. i brought clothes but I'm NOT going to the gym. what will the afternoon bring?

I am a lazy slug. I admit it.. BUT because of challenge I did 20 minutes of 990x chest shoulder tris... only the top 20 but I'm off my tushy! and OUCH I'm laughably weak. sigh. oh and I used the hrm .. 108 cals for 21 min.. can I add that to my daily and have a snack later?
    oh did i mention I'm doing my best richard simmons impression too? sans headband.
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    I got mine in today! 30 HARD minutes on the treadmill....Jogging/running for most of it... Keep moving everyone!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    How did it go?
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    busy day for my family, too, and i didn't "work out" but i sure didn't sit on my butt all day! plenty of walking, housecleaning, and playing with the wee ones. determined to get my 10,000 steps in, too! :)
  • wonderwomen888
    Options
    doing relay for life today it is a 18 hr event, not sure on how long i will be walking for but i will be walking alot
    walk 8 miles in 9 hours of and on
  • MrsVance120
    Options
    Another day of walking in the back yard, but I did it for 20 minutes. We will be bike riding tomorrow morning, so it will all balance out. I am very thankful for the motivation this challenge is providing!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    walk 8 miles in 9 hours of and on

That is indeed awesome!!!!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Another day of walking in the back yard, but I did it for 20 minutes. We will be bike riding tomorrow morning, so it will all balance out. I am very thankful for the motivation this challenge is providing!

It helps me to see that exercising isn't just limited to going to the gym, but there are many opportunities for me to get off my butt at home and just move. While washing the dishes, I had on my headsets listening to music and I began marching in place. It's those little things that add up. I'm glad you are motivated to keep moving! Great job!