Tall women and dating

Options

Replies

• divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Dear Tim-

Thanks!

As for: "Just so you know you are not alone. I'm am truly 6'3" barefooted and weigh 245 lbs. and we men are looking for you but can't find you,lol. " --> Just look up!
  • OhioTallGuy
    Options
    There are many of out there like Tim. I am all of 6’5” and 298 pounds and it seems like all I ever come across are shorter women. When I do see a tall curvy woman she is usually with a short thin guy. I know this is not always the rule but for me it seems to be more often than not.
  • OhioTallGuy
    Options
    Personally I can’t even image what it would be like to walk around with a woman who 6’2” barefoot sounds wonderful to me.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    ^Agree.... It would be nice not looking down all the time. To me that would be like dating an Amazon goddess if she were 6' plus.
  • divainsneakers
    Options
    Thanks to the tall gents for disclosing that they exist (great white buffalo!) and that they love tall ladies!
  • thezzz
    thezzz Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 6 feet tall, and have re-entered the dating world at age 50. Ugh. It is a nightmare. It seems like all the men in my area want tiny little women. Men who claim to be over 6 feet tall, but want someone in the range of 5'6". It is very frustrating as a tall woman.
    What I find fascinating about the whole experience is how many men describe themselves as "athletic and toned", when you look at their pics they are anything but. And they want slender, athletic, women.
    Feels like a double standard.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I've started online dating in the last few months and have somehow, by some miracle, managed to score ten dates this year so far, all with men who claimed to be over six feet tall (my preferences are filtered to 6'0" and above, myself being 6'1.5").

Only two stand out in my mind as not being the "advertised" height. I don't know whether they were just delusional or had been misinformed at some point in the past. Both were keen to keep dating so they obviously didn't have a problem with me being a little taller, but I just wasn't interested, and it was unrelated to their height. I also don't memorise how tall they said they would be, given my settings are 6'0" and above, which means occasionally I go out with a guy who is miles taller than me, and that's seriously weird for someone who is normally amongst the tallest in the room!

There was one guy I went out with who seemed to be intimidated by me, but seeing as he was quite a bit taller than me I'm inclined to think that it has more to do with my occupation (I work in the construction industry as an on-site environmental manager); perhaps because I present in a confident way and have never been ashamed of my height (although inside I'm a wobbly mess!); and defintely also because I drive a manly car (he sounded displeased when he found out). The manly car is for my job, by the way - I drive a ute (pick-up) with a bull bar, spot lights, mud tyres etc. and on some jobs basically spend my day 4WDing in remote areas while we build infrastructure (pipelines, roads etc.). Apparently I out-manned him, despite the fact that I also out-girl plenty of girls - I bake, I sew, I read, I drink cocktails or white wine, I paint my nails...!

In general, I have never had a boyfriend that was clearly taller than me. I had one who **thought** he was my height, and he may or may not have been correct, but some days he definitely seemed shorter and I found myself slouching around him. I guess I was less confident in those days. One thing the guys I have had a relationship had in common, though, was broad shoulders - being bigger, I need to feel small and feminine to feel attractive, so either the guy has to be taller or he has to be more muscular, preferably both.

I went out with a guy (okay, so he was a wonderful friend who eventually, after many years of dancing around each other, turned into a FWB at a wedding we both attended - I was living interstate so a relationship was never going to happen) who was probably about 5'4". He was muscular enough for me to not feel like I was going to crush him like a bug, but I hated the reaction we got when we went out in public together, and kissing when standing up was awkward to say the least. I'm not sure how he felt about it, and I don't know whether that was the reason we didn't last, but I do know that he was the first guy that opened my eyes to the fact you can be attracted to someone for their mind.

I'm now onto Date #3 (and many text messages) with a 6'5", paleo-eating, weight-lifting, science-geeky hottie. Wish me luck, ladies - I really like this one and hope he sticks! :)

^^^ I hope it works out! I will jumping into the online dating scene again in another 6-8 weeks once I move and get situated in my new surroundings! I'm 5'11'' so I'm hoping for somebody a bit taller than myself this go around. My ex is 5'8'' but it never bothered me...I just never wore my higher shoes with him. I guess I'll see what's out there soon!

I'm on these online sites,blah. Women on MFP forums say men are shallow because they wouldn't date someone that was overweight. But women would date a man for what is on the inside that weight doesn't matter. Isn't this height thing similar and that you are just being shallow in a different way? Don't get me wrong or anything I love tall women and I'm tired of looking down, at 6'3.00002 (lol) it would be nice to date someone closer to my height. On the online sites women lie about weight like men do height. In the end snuggled up in bed we are all the same height,lol.

I really wish I could fine someone 6' to 6'3" and she can wear heels if I can wear my under armor boots,lol. I'm tired of the dating sites, haven't found anyone interesting yet.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, just making a point.

Have a great weekend Amazon ladies, Tim
  • Concedo
    Concedo Posts: 9
    Options
    I was married for 18 years and my ex was 6'2". I am 6'0" and a bit overweight. Currently I am dating a guy that is 5'9" and lean. I am sure we look odd to people, but as he said "Who cares? We're happy."
  • GingerBarbie94
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and all I care about is if a guy is bigger and stronger than me. i used to think i had to have someone 6'2 and up so I could where my heels and not look down on the guy but honestly, as long as the guy is happy with himself his height does not matter.
  • joy_mcdougal
    Options
    I'm not sure of it is just me but i am starting to believe that short guys take approaching tall girls as a challenge! When I go out at night, they would approach me(at boob level) with all the confidence in the world!! I can NOT be the only one... lol

I'm 5'9.. and 6'2-6'3 with heels.
  • divainsneakers
    Options
    Joy-

I never thought about it that way. Good point. Guess it is worth seeing if they are up the challenge!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My husband is the first guy I have been with who is shorter than me. I am 6' and he is 5'10". When I first started dating all I dated was athletes from HS, into college and past that but I have met some guys who have lied about their height and that is just wrong. It isn't like you can grow 4" before a meeting. LOL
  • flomo1979
    flomo1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love this discussion topic! I am 5'11 and have had experience with online dating. Nothing is more disappointing than when someone shows up to a first date and it is obvious they have been dishonest. Honesty is more attractive than adding a few inches to your profile lol!
  • lbpears
    lbpears Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also love this topic! I relate to so many of the stories. I can't tell you how many times I have had to stand back-to-back with a guy in a bar or at a party. Also, on the boob level guys, one of my friends taught me the term "THG". Stands for t**ty high guy, and always makes me think of Long Duck Dong from "Sixteen Candles."

I am 5'10", so 6'2" or so in heels, and my preference is to date someone who is at least close to my height. But I would certainly make exceptions for the right person as long as he wasn't bothered by my height (and the fact that I would continue to wear heels!).

People lying about it are annoying, but I honestly think some people have rounded up their height for so long, they honestly believe they are 5'10" instead of 5'8".
  • divainsneakers
    Options
    Flomo - I agree! Honesty is more attractive.

Ibpears - "THG" - That is hilarious. I am definitely going to start using that.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    THG...lol. At least they don't run into your elbow and knock themselves out.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen to me many times. Guys like to feel secure about themselves and lying about their height seems to help them. After several dates with men that were clearly insecure about the fact that I told the truth about my height and was several inches taller than them I just decided to date shorter guys. It avoids all the frustration...lol
  • nanlmille
    nanlmille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" with 6'1" husband, but my 20-something daughter is 6'3" and seriously dating a guy who is about 5'7" tall. Other than the height mismatch, they seem quite similar in interests and such. I wonder how a wedding works when the guy has to reach WAY up to embrace the girl... Time will tell. I have to remind myself frequently that height is a superficial thing. If the short guy is a good guy (no sign of the "short guy" insecurities), how can this match be wrong? It has been a life lesson for me.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Most people are terrible with height and they have no idea how tall they really are. They give a ballpark guess they came up with years ago, forgetting that it wasn't an actual measurement.

I'm not even the full 5'10" even with shoes, but the guy I was seeing most recently described me as 6'2" to everybody he knew after our first date. I wouldn't say this happens "a lot" but it seems to happen most with guys who have fudged their height with the assumption that the short masses will never tell the difference.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11, and, GASP, I wear HEELS! Which probably puts me at 6'2" or taller.

I am never going to be petite, so why wear those flat shoes that make my feet look like paddle boats? They have lots of great heels in 11 and 12, probably for trannies.

Most men I date are shorter than me. I don't call them on it. My ex had tons of cowboy boots, with pretty big heels!

More luck to you. I would rather have dental work than Internet dating.