What happens when you eat junk

Options
This might be a touchy subject, but here goes. I tend to eat clean 5-6 days a week which is great, but if I don't eat 'clean', I almost immediately feel sick. And then I suffer all the next day. Sparing the details, it's no fun.

Any suggestions on how to keep eating 'clean' while maintaining a social life? Wing night isn't quite the same when you can't eat with your friends.....

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me it's not even a choice. If I eat crap, then I feel like crap. And it usually takes me about 3 days to get over it, so it's just not worth it. Either don't eat the wings or get new friends. Or suffer the consequences.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try baked wings instead of frayed on wing night? That is If you haven't already, or have a few knotty thing with a big green salad. Otherwise maby try to find a new thing to do with your friends that doesn't evolve food maby. Or eat before hand so you can maby have a few bag thing. You and your friends could always go do active stuff instead of food oriented things.:drinker:
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I get left out of a lot of things at work because I don't eat a pile of junk. That said, my friends always make sure that I have healthy things to choose from wherever we go. I can't eat greasy stuff because from that time on to the next day, I will have a raging migraine, and the other fun activities that go with my body trying to get rid of it all. Even if I eat something that I don't normally eat, the same thing happens.
  • LaurenBG2013
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your advice. As it turns out, they do baked wings at the restaurant I go to, so I don;t miss out on the occasional wing night :)
  • SunnyRunBug
    Options
    Don't eat the wings. There are plenty of things you can eat out now without having to consume something against your will and feel terrible about later; physically and mentally. Not worth it!
    What if you take turns picking places to eat? It only seems fair that if you go to a 'wing joint' you should be able to temper that with a place that caters more towards your style of food next time.

For me, if I eat garbage I feel like garbage and it's not even an option for me anymore. I've worked too hard, happily, to get where I am and to have the knowledge I have now about how my body reacts to what I do with it. I have friends that love to eat junk but they know that I will either catch them next time for a meal or compromise at a place that serves something for all of us. Luckily I also have friends that try to eat clean too :-)
  • watto1903
    watto1903 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When i have a splurge on crap, i feel like i have a hangover next day (i haven't drunk alcohol in 6 years!)
  • Maryam4eva
    Maryam4eva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do feel crap but i don't ponder over it too much and move on
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    u are not alone: i feel SO sick when i eat fried/processed/unfamiliar/restaurant food too. my trick is trying to REMEMBER how crappy it makes me feel, and to take a pass on the stuff. sometime i win that battle, sometimes lose. haven't figured out how to make it a PERMANENT lifestyle change yet :)