Walk around Lake Harriet: June 22 at 7:30a

Options
Elizabeth_in_MN
Elizabeth_in_MN Posts: 167 Member
Hey Twin City MFPers!

I was going to suggest we meet for a walk in the evening this week, but I am a fair weather walker - I don't walk in the rain. It gets slippery and...the chafing. :)

Anyway, I know it is a long ways off, so it may not be accurate, but Weather.com says that Sunday is not supposed to rain (spoiler alert - rain Monday-Saturday this week). So, assuming that everything goes according to plan, let's go for a walk Sunday morning!

Meet at the bandstand at 7:30a - we will leave from there. I will stand in front of the bandstand stage and will wear a brown Powell's Bookstore shirt.

For those unfamiliar, Lake Harriet is about 3 miles around and we may want to stop and smell the roses at the rose garden - it could be that it is the prime time for the roses (it was too early this weekend).

For those unfamiliar, Lake Harriet is about 3 miles around, there are restrooms at the Bandshell, and you will likely want to bring water. There is a parking lot that will likely be open at that time, but in the event it is full, there is parking just a few blocks away on the street. 4135 W Lake Harriet Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55419

Again, I am a fair weather walker. If you look outside and it is wet out, then go find your Walking Away the Pounds DVD - or even better walk in the rain without me! :)

I will update the morning of if rain is imminent.

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    So many races take place around lake Harriet because of the convenience of the distance around it. =)

If I can convince my husband to get up early enough, I think this would be an awesome opportunity to meet some fellow Minnesotan MFP users! I'll try to be there!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Oooh this sounds like fun! Hopefully I can make this. :)
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Options
    Great! I would love to meet you both!
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Options
    It is looking like the rain has switched from Saturday to Sunday at this point. Keep an eye out - I will go Saturday morning if Sunday looks like it is going to be rainy!
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    This rain is nuts! I'm half expecting to start seeing people canoeing down my street... ;)
  • hironsd
    hironsd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did you end up walking today? It looks like there may be storms tomorrow. I was thinking about joining you, but Sunday is my one day of the week I get to sleep in, so I don't want to commit - just depends on whether my body decides to wake up earlier than I would like it to (which happens more often than I care to admit).
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Options
    OK friends - there is a 30% chance of rain beginning at 6a and increasing in chance of precipitation as the day wears on (but at no point does it indicate that there might be no rain).

Here is the deal. If it is raining, I won't go. But if it is not raining, I will be there. So look out your windows and see if it is raining

I will be in front of the bandstand at 7:30 if there is no wet stuff coming from the sky. I will leave promptly at 7:30 (it didn't seem like others were that invested, so I don't want to stand around waiting for the rain to appear!). I may be by my lonesome, and if so, no worries, but I hope that others will pop on by (and that the rain holds up!).
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Options
    It's not raining! I am headed down.
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Options
    postscript: I am wearing a PINK TANK TOP (not the brown Powells T - I would prefer a tank top today and since it doesn't sound like anyone is coming, I will wear what I want! HA!) and black stretchy shorts things. :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    Options
    Sadly my plans got away from me, sorry I didn't post to confirm sooner. :<