Trying new foods/recipes

I really appreciate having the grocery list. Has anyone tried any new foods or recipes they're excited about yet? I've finally given this whole Ezekiel bread thing a try. Either I'm just a huge bread lover, my taste buds are evolving, or it's not half bad. I've tried the raisin English muffins an finally today I gave the wheat bread a try. Also I've finally been able to get down a protein shake. Again not half bad at all. I'll keep experimenting but am open to anyone's suggestions!

Replies

• keebeez
    keebeez Posts: 2
    Bread is my most favorite thing EVER. So the Ezekiel bread was a huge change (that I'm still adjusting to as well). I can definitely tell the difference in it and other wheat breads I'd purchase, which is a little scary to be honest LOL. It does appear to not have all the additives and things I'm used to, even though I always went with the whole grain main stream breads. Definitely lowest in calories per slice than any bread I've purchased previously. So far its been a sacrifice for me, because well...bread..yum?? :smile:

Make sure you keep it in the refrigerator. I read that it lasts much longer that way.
  • mbush06
    mbush06 Posts: 4
    I'm a bread lover as well! I was shown to keep it in the freezer and then I just take out what I might want for the next day or two. I usually cut the english muffin and stick it in the oven under the broiler on Hi for a minute or so. I used the Ezekiel wheat bread as a substitute hot dog bun last night.. It was different :) but hey I just wanted to make it through my weekend without every meal being a cheat meal.
    Also, I managed to avoid the bread basket at lunch yesterday. Attempted to enjoy a Saturday lunch out. Chose Brio because they have a an under 550 Calorie option. Stuck to fancy water, a fish dish, and nooo bread. It was actually fairly refreshing. Almost through this first weekend!
  • dcrear28
    dcrear28 Posts: 12 Member
    So far I've tried the recipes listed below:

Cod Fish Tacos
    Lemon Butter Baked Cod
    Creole Cod
    Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes
    Cajun Jambalaya

As you can see I'm pretty much OD'd on cod. I will switch it up next week with talapia and salmon. I'm not sure how I ended up with so much cod, I think it is because the markets pieces are so big I make them into two different meals. I'd have to say my favorite has been the Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes. I don't know if it is because it was quick and easy or because its the only recipe I'm certain I followed correctly. Irregardless it will be something that stays in my rotation going forward.

For the Creole Cod I'd recommend halving the salt amount. For the Cajun Jambalaya you need to bake it for closer to 45 minutes as opposed to the 25 minutes the recipe says. If you pull it out too soon the rice won't be cooked and while be hard. Other than that everything was pretty straight forward.