Gym Guys

Options
Becksga
Becksga Posts: 70 Member
Squat epiphany: I LOVE barbell squats. As I’m stepping under the bar and positioning the bar on my back just so, my core automatically becomes steel (“ENGAGED”, it says). I pick up the bar and step back, suddenly my back (upper and lower), shoulders and biceps are engaged. Descending into the hole the quads are all “I got this” then the hammies step in and are all “yo, you need me to control your hips and ****…I’m the main brake dontcha know” and the glutes are all “I’m in *****es”….then there are all those tendons and calf muscles stepping in on the action…all the while my core, back, shoulders and biceps are all “whoa dude”. I power up out of the hole with the glutes going “whoop whoop” and the quads all “woo hoo”, hammies are all “cool ride bro”. But the funniest thing that I have ever done, coming up out of the hole… I let out of “Arrgggg roooaaarr”…. This surprises me because I don’t make noise while lifting….what surprises me even more is that by making the noise and expelling that little bit of breath, my core is even tighter….its titanium. Anywho, moral of the story is when the guys in the gym grunt and make noise, I believe they are exercising their core. That noise really used to bother me but going forward, in my head, I’m going to be all “good job bro”. Also FYI, barbell squats 5x5 officially in the 3 digits *bows* (hammies at work)

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop cool story bro!
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My muscles are a little street when they talk to me.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love this!
    Awesome job dude! ;]
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Funny. Your muscles speak a language all their own. And good job on the triple digits.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Still a better love story than Twilight!

Awesome dialogue :love:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to be thinking about this dialogue when I do my squats now!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Cool story, I am going to try that.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love a bit of grunting on a 1RM, i'm working up to this level tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fki6q05LOrk

lolz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My muscles are a little street when they talk to me.

Love it! My internal voice is a bit hood, too. :wink:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Today my gym guys cussed AT me, not with me! Those jerks. I'm gonna foam roll them when I get home to show them who's boss.