roux n y surgery

Options
carepsw04
carepsw04 Posts: 1 Member
Hi there, I am from Ontario, I am going to the Weight Management Clinic in Ottawa, On, Canada. They only offer the roux n y gastric bypass surgery. I went to a group information session in April and now have my appointment to get all my blood work done and to have my first initial assessment done by the team I am guessing. I'm really not sure what they do in the intake portion except for indepth of what is to come about for me in this process. I have literally been eating horribly the past two months especially since I've gotten my first intake assessment date. July 2nd is my date.. and I have also chosen this date to start my final journey in weight loss permanently, I am scared but excited at the same time. I enjoy Pepsi, sweets, take out... so... I'm trying to see what anyone else does prior to this whole procedure... thanks for reading and excited to see replies..

Replies

• kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello my Dear,
    I had the surgical sleeve done on 11/12/13. I am going to turn 56 this summer. I have lost 70 pounds since then and am about 10 pounds away from what I consider my goal weight. It is understandable that you are nervous and that your eating is reflecting that. It is ok to feel what you feel. That said, it might be a really good idea to find some support groups. You see, food has been our friend for so long that the thought of not having it is like contemplating a break up with the love of your life. Once you have the surgery, and you heal, you will still eat. It will be a different relationship though. Like being friends with an ex lol. In order to get to that place in life it is necessary to do some hard work and look at ourselves really honestly. I struggle with stress eating. When I am unhappy or scared I want to graze and all that does is upset my stomach. I am going to Overeaters Anonymous and support group for bariatric patients (pre and post). I hope some of this helps. Good luck!!!!