Accountability, Friends and Paying it Forward

Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
I wanted to start this new topic and post my view and what I’ve observed about Accountability.

ACCOUNTABILITY… is something I’ve seen many members seeking... I’m the same.
What I know is that there is no chance of accountability if you are doing this alone.

FRIENDSHIPS… are NECESSARY!
One thing that I came away with, from being part of last month’s challenge is this… a Great group of Friends. So the challenge helped me lose weight and gain friends. That’s a Win, Win for me. I want that same thing for everyone that is participating… Oh, and it doesn’t just happen.

PAYING IT FORWARD…
This new challenge for losing 10lbs by July 1st will pass you by unless you get involved! Consider the help or motivation you are needing and hopping for… there are other members that are joining our group this very second, needing and hoping for the same thing. Where will all of that support come from? We must not only watch our eating and do our exercises, but we MUST help each other.

MY SUGGESTION… (and Challenge within a Challenge) is that each one of you build a group of friends ranging between 10 and 20, as a minimum! Then you need to really help each other! Ask for and offer help to your group of friends…. If someone is Idle for a couple days, check in on them.. or politely get in there business and spur them along… I've done it! :wink:  Expect the same from your friends…. That’s what makes this work for you and everyone else!

This is my challenge within a challenge to each of you….
Make some Friends, Lose some Weight and Pay it Forward!!

Any Takers?

Carl –

Replies

• aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Accepted!
  • ChellD4945
    ChellD4945 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need. Thank you. I look forward to using this as motivation and also hopefully helping someone else.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Everyone needs accountability. Work it for results
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do hope that when I fail to post or meet goals that someone will inquire why. I have achieved many goals by having a support team but most will not challenge weight or health problems. I work in a hospital and wear scrubs that have the size displayed at the neckline, just one glance and everyone knows I just barely fit into the LARGE size. I am hoping to move to medium before the year ends.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    This is exactly what I need. Thank you. I look forward to using this as motivation and also hopefully helping someone else.
    You're going to do great here ChellD. I can tell already!
    Carl -
  • super03mom
    super03mom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I need and want accountability and help working for these results!! Very excited about this group :)
  • lmnesbit75
    lmnesbit75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too need to have that same help. I don't have much in the real world. So maybe I can find some here.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I too need to have that same help. I don't have much in the real world. So maybe I can find some here.
    Welcome Imnesbit! This is the Real World and yes there is great support here...

So, Go make some friends.... that is Key.... then support them as well...

Carl -
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Starlet72
    Starlet72 Posts: 29
    Options
    Gerr totally erased my progress by eating bad. My weigh in will not be good. Could use some encouragement folks. Also exercise has been non existent. Wasn't good at that but was doing good with eating which now I bombed :( time to start over! If at first you don't succeed try try again! Gerr
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Gerr totally erased my progress by eating bad. My weigh in will not be good. Could use some encouragement folks. Also exercise has been non existent. Wasn't good at that but was doing good with eating which now I bombed :( time to start over! If at first you don't succeed try try again! Gerr
    Hi Starlet, you need some more friends from this group... please go to the topic "Come Here and Get Some Friends" and make a posting asking to be a friend with others...

Then, Recommit and take charge! Make the rest of this week a good one!
    Post your food EVERYDAY and get your workouts going!

Like I said in the opening of this topic.... This challenge will pass you by if you let it!

Oh.... all that stuff that you posted about non existent exercising and bombing on your food, guess what?
    That's "OLD NEWS" and there's nothing that you can do about it now... .~ ~ ~ so forget about it ~ ~ ~ :tongue:

Tomorrow is a new day... Are you ready to Crank It Up a bit?

Carl -
  • Starlet72
    Options
    Thanks Carl, I needed that. You are right, old news and today is a new day. Will log all my food and will be doing a run this evening.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Just as important! Those Friends request.... Get On It! :bigsmile:
  • Starlet72
    Options
    Will get on the requests! Thanks to your support I hit the gym and did 10 min walk, 4 min run-1 min walk (4x), 10 min walk. Feel so much better. THANK YOU!
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Will get on the requests! Thanks to your support I hit the gym and did 10 min walk, 4 min run-1 min walk (4x), 10 min walk. Feel so much better. THANK YOU!
    That's Great... don't thank me... thank yourself... because you did it!

Oh.... all that stuff that you posted about thanks, the gym and feeling better..., guess what?
    That's "OLD NEWS" and there's nothing that you can do about it now... .~ ~ ~ so forget about it ~ ~ ~ :laugh:

Tomorrow is a new day... Are you ready to Crank It Up a Again? :bigsmile:

Kinda like that Bill Murray movie, Groundhog Day... Just messing wIth ya though..

You did Great!. :flowerforyou:

Carl -
  • Starlet72
    Options
    OMG you are awesome and say the best things. OK, gonna crank it up again.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    OMG you are awesome and say the best things. OK, gonna crank it up again.

GO YOU GO!!!!!!
  • misssararae
    misssararae Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Accepted! Although, I'm late in the game for 10lbs by July 1st I'm fully dedicating myself to reaching my health and wellness goals. One step at a time :)
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Welcome, misssararae,

Happy to have you join our group... reach out and make some more friends from this group and get ready...

Most likely Monday evening I will create a "Loose 10 lb. group for August"

Carl -
  • Starlet72
    Options
    Hi all. Yes I would like to join again. Sorry I couldn't complete june's challenge but my dad passed away and I've been out of state with family for the past two weeks. There was no keeping up with the eating or attempting exercise