So you're not at your ideal weight by June, so now what?

Options
So I moved to Ohio from the Sunny Miami almost 6 years ago and I thought I was O.K. with it. That is until I experienced our lovely Winter of 2013/2014. It lasted for soo long that I forgot what my legs looked like outside of my sweat pants! Yes I'm a stay at home mom so as cliché as it sounds I do live in sweat pants!! I tried to work out and eat as healthy as I possibly could. But when June rolled around I still did not look the way I intended to, at least not in the dressing room at Target! I would like to extend my Summer Slim Down Challenge to myself and to anyone else out there, so maybe by the time Labor Day rolls around, I can be a little more proud of my results!!! Please join my little group!!!

Replies

• Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    Take a little bit of time today and plan your meals for the week! If you plan your meals for the next 5 days, you will have an easier time sticking to your nutrition during the week. Very often we make bad choices and grab fast food just because it's faster and easier. So invest some time on Sundays to keep your nutrition in check ☑ Monday thru Friday!
    :smile:
  • momtosugarandspice
    momtosugarandspice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need some accountability cause I am definitely not where I'd hoped to be by June. I'd love a challenge if anyone is up for it!
  • ShraddhaOm
    ShraddhaOm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i just joined MFP and am in! i'm hoping to get fit this summer before getting pregnant again. i'm hoping to lose about 15 pounds - not sure if it's possible over the summer since i'm not very overweight to begin with, but i mostly want to commit to getting fitter and be in better shape by then, whatever the scale says.
  • cranjo773
    cranjo773 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting MFP today, and to try to keep it simple, my main goal right now is to track everything daily.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    I know most people Do Not like Mondays, however I think if you changed your outlook on this least favorite day of the week you might actually like this day!
    To me Monday means a new beginning and a fresh start! So even if I ate like crap all weekend long and had a drink or two :tongue: , Monday will roll around and kick my butt back in gear!!
    So embrace your Monday and let it be a new beginning of a healthy and productive week for you!!!

I was supposed to attend a Pilates/Yoga class at the gym this a.m. but decided to work out at home instead. So I will turn on a 30 minute cartoon for my kids this afternoon and bribe them with some popcorn while I go and exercise!

Who else is working out today?
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    Sure! We can keep this group open to see if our results are better by August!?
    I'm in! I need some accountability cause I am definitely not where I'd hoped to be by June. I'd love a challenge if anyone is up for it!
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    Good Luck with you Fitness Plan!!
    I am starting MFP today, and to try to keep it simple, my main goal right now is to track everything daily.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    I used to exercise for years, but I started seeing results only when I began working on my nutrition. I guess that's why they say that Abs are made in the kitchen. And don't worry about the scale, I try to avoid that thing and go by how my clothes fits and how I feel.
    i just joined MFP and am in! i'm hoping to get fit this summer before getting pregnant again. i'm hoping to lose about 15 pounds - not sure if it's possible over the summer since i'm not very overweight to begin with, but i mostly want to commit to getting fitter and be in better shape by then, whatever the scale says.
  • karbhat
    karbhat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looking for a challenge too! In my experience, nutrition makes all the difference. Would love to be a part of a group that helps me stay accountable!
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    Welcome to the group! We all need some accountability at one point or another!!
    Looking for a challenge too! In my experience, nutrition makes all the difference. Would love to be a part of a group that helps me stay accountable!
  • sheabutterbaby
    Options
    Hi All, I am new to MyFitnessPal. I really like it though. And the main thing that I need to be successful if accountablility. So if anyone on this group see that I am missing logging of my food or missing exercise you have my permission to call me out on it.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    So one of my challenges when it comes to nutrition is eating late at night! I know you're not supposed to eat 3 hours before going to bed. But some nights it's just soo hard! Who else ends up eating late at night?
  • ShraddhaOm
    ShraddhaOm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes, evening eating is definitely a problem for me, so that's a big part of trying to eat more mindfully now for me. it's easy to eat when we're tired from a long day when what we really need is to rest!

i'm trying to eat dinner by 7 (before my toddler's bedtime) and then until my bedtime (between 10 and 11) if i really want something only have light drinks (water, herbal tea), homemade green juice, or a small portion of watermelon or pineapple after that time. no "seconds" or "thirds" at 9pm, cereal, ice cream, etc. last night my dinner was really filling so it was pretty easy - i had a little bowl of watermelon around 9 and otherwise just water. it's helpful for me to start with some options, rather than just "nothing after 7pm" which i don't think i could handle. maybe one day i'll be able to cut out everything except the light drinks, but i'm taking it one step a a time!

another part of this is trying to do things in the evening that are relaxing but also nourishing for the soul - reading a good book, writing, gentle stretching, meditation on the breath, etc. i know if i feed myself in other ways i am not as attracted to unnecessary food.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    I feel the same way! I can't just cut myself off from food by a certain time every night. Especially if I had a busier and more active day and skipped a meal or a snack.
    Good for you for choosing to eat a fruit rather than turning to sugary snacks or heavy meals right before bed. For me it's not hard to work out for 1 hour a day. it's keeping my nutrition on track the remaining 23 hours is a challenge! :laugh: But as you said it's all about baby steps and taking it one day at a time. Together with some motivation and support I think it is very doable!
    yes, evening eating is definitely a problem for me, so that's a big part of trying to eat more mindfully now for me. it's easy to eat when we're tired from a long day when what we really need is to rest!

i'm trying to eat dinner by 7 (before my toddler's bedtime) and then until my bedtime (between 10 and 11) if i really want something only have light drinks (water, herbal tea), homemade green juice, or a small portion of watermelon or pineapple after that time. no "seconds" or "thirds" at 9pm, cereal, ice cream, etc. last night my dinner was really filling so it was pretty easy - i had a little bowl of watermelon around 9 and otherwise just water. it's helpful for me to start with some options, rather than just "nothing after 7pm" which i don't think i could handle. maybe one day i'll be able to cut out everything except the light drinks, but i'm taking it one step a a time!

another part of this is trying to do things in the evening that are relaxing but also nourishing for the soul - reading a good book, writing, gentle stretching, meditation on the breath, etc. i know if i feed myself in other ways i am not as attracted to unnecessary food.
  • sheabutterbaby
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 1 week now. And every day I have been careful to eat below my daily calorie count and to exercise. But today I went to the doctor and I weighed in 4lbs heavier than a week ago. I'm so disappointed. Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me?
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    It can be various things but eating less calories than you need may cause your body to hold on to the weight. So make sure you're eating enough of lean meats, healthy fats, fruits and veggies and drinking lots of water.
    I've been on MFP for 1 week now. And every day I have been careful to eat below my daily calorie count and to exercise. But today I went to the doctor and I weighed in 4lbs heavier than a week ago. I'm so disappointed. Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me?
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with getting past 140, and it really has a lot to do with the food I eat as well as craving sugars and eating at night.

My goal is to try to lose about 6 lbs in the next month. So my goal is to really eat clean.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    I stayed in the 140ies for a really long time. As of this January I finally decided to tackle my nutrition and only then the pounds started coming off. So in a few months I was able to really slim down because I changed the way I ate. Oh and I have a horrible sweet tooth as well, plus watching TV at night was a bad combination. So I had to figure out which healthy snacks to eat if I really needed to eat at night. Sometimes, water just doesn't do it for me. :wink:
    I have been struggling with getting past 140, and it really has a lot to do with the food I eat as well as craving sugars and eating at night.

My goal is to try to lose about 6 lbs in the next month. So my goal is to really eat clean.