12 Weeks to Start my bulk with Sidesteel

Options
SugaryLynx
SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
I've been a member of Eat, Train, Progress since around my beginning back in June 2013, when I was in weight loss. I jumped on the opportunity to have Sidesteel help me. I knew how to lose weight but bulking was/is a mind f. I'm fairly certain if I hadn't been chosen for the 12 week program, I'd be cautiously maintaining and have no confidence in bulking. He was incredibly helpful and supportive. He also switched me to an awesome lifting program...All Pro!!! Quick to answer even the dumbest questions (I have quite a few). The weekly form critique was one of the greatest things during my experience. Having taught myself via YouTube all my lifts, sometimes doing it and seeing it come out different.

The worst was my bench. I was benching with my feet up on the bench. I had no clue. Just switching to actually placing my feet on the ground made my bench immensely better, at least it sure felt like it! He was super knowledgeable about how to incrementally increase calories from my deficit to bulk. During my time, I realized my struggle for self image was there always while I came to grips with gaining. He was very helpful in keeping me in reality and see where my true focus lied. My lifting numbers mean more to me than being any more leaner than I had gotten. Though the slow bulk has actually been making me appear leaner than start! He felt like a friend. Someone I could outreach to that had a great grasp and wealth of knowledge of all aspects of fitness and health. I am forever grateful for his help. I kept my journal and data up and he followed accordingly to aid me in where to go next. I often asked him intake questions, purely on the sustainability aspect of it and he really clarified things for me. I've continued my bulk now, as I have been set up from Patrick. He's incredible! Thank you so much for all your time!

SW: 119 lbs end of 12 wk: 118 lbs (during slow reversal of calories, I dipped to 115 lbs,as I started in a deficit. So I actually gained 3 lbs during my 12 weeks.)

4v5wuw.jpg
2nio0t2.jpg
15dn9d.jpg

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    Your legs look amazing.
    And dem gunz! 8-D
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    ♡thankies! Though...I seem to have cropped my arms off in the front pic xD whoops. I suck at side by side photos
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    From start to finish your change in weight was actually -1lbs.

Can you remind me what your start and end calorie and carbohydrate intake were?
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Start 1900 calories 200g of carbs
    End 2350 calories 350g of carbs
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    The last set of pics seems the most dramatic to me .
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    The last set of pics seems the most dramatic to me .

It's so hard for me to objectively see anything but I'm terrible with it lol ♡♡.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^ Doing this and dropping weight. Hnnnng!

=)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible! Well done!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

^ Doing this and dropping weight. Hnnnng!

=)

:drinker: All da foodz! !!!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible! Well done!

:flowerforyou: Thank you! :D
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Now this is a huge eye opener. Thank you!
    And that last pic... your back, your legs, your defined waist... Just wonderful!
    And I'm sorry to ask but did you happen to notice your chest looks a bit larger? It does look so in the pictures.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    So amazing!! Congrats! Maybe some day I'll have a similar story. :)
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    And that last pic... your back, your legs, your defined waist... Just wonderful!
    And I'm sorry to ask but did you happen to notice your chest looks a bit larger? It does look so in the pictures.

Thank you so much! And haha, in the pictures it sure looks it! I don't normally measure bust but I'll have to see...for science! xD
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    So amazing!! Congrats! Maybe some day I'll have a similar story. :)

Thank you so very much! I'm sure you will:flowerforyou: you've got this!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! And haha, in the pictures it sure looks it! I don't normally measure bust but I'll have to see...for science! xD

Well whether numbers went up or not, there's a definite "oompf" gained in that area, which is very encouraging for females like me who're worried they'd get even flatter by dropping their BF% with strength training. Thank you again for sharing:)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing!
    And that really is remarkable to see you lost a pound while increasing your calories and carbs!
  • sammivvalters
    sammivvalters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Your legs look so good in that last pic. Good work! :D
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You look fantastic!!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    holy wow - thanks for sharing!