Nutrition - What's Your Favorite Meal So Far

dcrear28
dcrear28 Posts: 12 Member
I'd like to get some feedback from those who are trying some of the recipes Akira aka keebeez's has so graciously put together for everyone each week. It's a bit of a time consuming thing for here to do and I appreciate her for it. We want to get some feedback. Please respond back with answers to the questions below.

1. How many recipes have you tried?
2. What's the favorite recipe you've tried?
3. What's your least favorite recipe you've tried? What would you change about it?
4. Do you find the meal plans and recipes helpful each week?
5. Will you continue to use the weekly recipes going forward?

Replies

• dcrear28
    dcrear28 Posts: 12 Member
    1. How many recipes have you tried?

I've tried 5 so far. Lemon butter cod, cod fish tacos, creole cod (yes I've OD'd on cod), cajun jambalaya, and rosemary roasted chicken and red potatoes

2. What's the favorite recipe you've tried?

Hands down the rosemary roasted chicken and red potatoes. It was simple, quick and easy to follow and tasted amazing

3. What's your least favorite recipe you've tried? What would you change about it?

Cajun jambalaya. It had a lot of ingredients and I hate grocery shopping. The grocery store is known as hell on earth to me and finding all of the low sodium options compounded my weekly frustration. Also the preparation time was a lot longer than it claimed since you had to chop up EVERY ingredient from hell on earth (think 45 min, not 25). Lastly you have to bake it at 400F for at least 45 minutes to properly cook the rice even though the recipe says 25 minutes. It wasn't a bad dish taste wise, but it wasn't worth the effort and frustration for me personally. Others may feel different. I'd love to get others take on it.

4. Do you find the meal plans and recipes helpful each week?

I find the recipes very helpful. I'm not structured enough to follow the plan for each meal, but I find myself trying 2-3 recipes a week and it helps me get in and out of the grocery store faster since I have a defined list of things to get, so less aimless walking up and down aisles and less people watching. Ok I still people watch and profile folks based on their shopping cart...

5. Will you continue to use the weekly recipes going forward?

Yup anything that removes the thinking part of what will I be eating each week is a godsend to me. Anybody who knows me knows I eat what's put in front of me with no complaints as long as I didn't have to think so no longer having to think and getting healthy tasty options is a double bonus.