What's your favorite low carb dressing?

Options
wwmoab
wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
I love Newman's Lime Vinaigrette but tried of sacrificing 2 carbs for one Tbsp of it.

I know, olive oil would be best with a squeeze of lemon, but I'm looking for something I could live with long term. I tried Ken's Ranch after seeing it on an Atkins board, and didn't like it. Would love to hear if you've got any favorites, thanks!

Replies

• cubouldergirl
    Options
    Caesar Dressing is my favorite! :) Ranch is pretty low carb as well!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    +1 for Caesar. And full fat mayonnaise. I love how my 'low-fat' colleagues squirm when they see me dolloping mayo all over my salad:drinker:
  • wwmoab
    wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Caesar Dressing is my favorite! :) Ranch is pretty low carb as well!

Do you have a brand for Caesar or Ranch that you can recommend?
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Home-made mayo ( but that's a lot of kcal and I rather eat more olives or cheese ) or simply olive oil with lemon
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cream and tabasco sauce.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love Ranch & Bleu Cheese. I think Hidden Valley Ranch tastes the best.
  • TheBrowniesMadeMeDoIt
    Options
    Ohhh Hidden Valley Ranch is the best.....and celery is the vehicle for this divine creation. Two Tbsp is plenty for snack time as well. A great way to get in some fat with low carb count, and add to your calories. Great snack idea for first morning snack time which I take around 10am.

Ranch Dressing - Hidden Valley Original, 2 Tbsp 140 calories 2g of carbs 14g fat
    Celery - Fresh, Raw, Hearts, 1 Stalk 1 calorie 0g carbs 0g fat
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Tahini Sauce! It's wonderful on salads, as well as a dressing for cold cooked meat and hard boiled eggs!

it's super easy to make. Here's a recipe for you.

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/01/tahini-sauce/