Reasons not to binge:

Sometimes, while struggling between ourselves and a pile of [binge food], it's helpful to look to the reasons not to binge.

How do binges affect you? What have you noticed that changes when you've been bad for a day, week, or longer?

Please post one per comment or separate each reason with a few "enters". This makes skimming/reading easier.

Replies

• TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Brain fog.

I just got over a week-long binge and the #1 thing I noticed was that concentrating and learning was sooooo much harder.
  • Clothes are tight

Triggers depression episodes

Prolonged feelings of absolutely no self-worth and completely undeserving of any love.
  • Ugh. The feeling of waking up in the morning bloated and weighed down by all the crap you dumped into your body the night before. And if some of it was thrown up, the unmistakable disgusting breath that results, and still feeling the bloated/crappy feeling.

It's funny because during the day, I might spend the whole day being angry and disgusted at what I do to my body when I binge eat, and then at night suddenly I don't care, I'm resigned to it, I'm convinced that just this one night is not going to make me gain any weight.

But it does. And it's why I want to stop.