I see its been quiet, but

I see this group has been quiet, but I am joining none-the-less. After 4 kids, my DR is awful - more than my whole fists fits in my separation. And most everyone else thinks I am exaggerating when I try to explain. I had kind of given up one trying to heal any of it, since I never had much success with consistency, but my back has been killing me lately, so I am going to do my best to give a good effort at whatever can be done without surgery. If anyone out there still wants to commisserate or chat, I'm here, now!

Replies

• kalonzo2
    kalonzo2 Posts: 2
    Hi! I just joined today. My name is Krissy. I'm 38 and have 4 kids (1 c-setion). I've been completely frustrated and confused by my stomach since having my 4th child 3 years ago. I was convinced I had a tumor or something. :) Then somehow, I found it on google one day! I feel so relieved that there is a solution, albeit not an easy one. I ordered the Tupler Technique a few weeks ago and just put it on today for the first time. I still have to learn what the exercises are. So far, the splint is pretty uncomfortable and I'm worried about having to walk around like this for 6+ weeks. I would love to hear how other people are dealing with this, tips, advice, encouragement, etc.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    I'm here too! Just joined this group and just started tupler today. I would love to talk with you all uf anyone is around. Anyone still checking in?
  • My son is almost 5 and I have diastasis. I worked with a tupler technique licensee in the area for 6 weeks and then did the program for about 4 months - wearing the splint all the time and saw great results. Then I stopped and got my pregnant looking belly back in about 2 weeks :( . After that I have been doing it for a couple of months at a time and my belly become flat again but whenever I stop it protrudes out again in about 7-10 days. So is this ever going to be permanent or do we have to keep on doing the exercises for life? And can I join the group. Thanks.
  • fit4ever_OHIO
    fit4ever_OHIO Posts: 4 Member
    I got good results with the Tupler Technique, but it was only a temporary fix. I am now focusing on lowering my body fat % and avoiding the exercises that aren't good for diastasis. My separation is closing slowly, but surely. It's just taking longer than I want, but I still just try to keep going!
  • Mydailytrack
    Mydailytrack Posts: 39 Member
    Same here.. whenever I wore the splint, my tummy looked great. When I am off of it, the round belly comes back in a few days. However, the pregnant look is gone & I am thankful for it. I am not going back to splinting again. Now, I am focusing more on cardio & eating healthy for long-term results. I need to add some strength training as well.
  • tinytinam
    tinytinam Posts: 57 Member
    Everybody, please, please check out Mutu today. For the entire Sunday there is a sale on the online programmes. The code is WENDY43

I am part of a closed facebook DR group and they all swear by this. There is 43% off the online programmes because Wendy;s 43rd Birthday is today.

Tupler does work, but it is very intensive and I feared further prolapse. Anyway, I bought the 12 week programme because it has all the elements and I can wait to move on the more intensive exercises. I am really excited.
  • VpinkLotus
    Well...I sarted mutu today! I am a part of that closed group also on FB and it seems like everyone likes Mutu. Tupler was NOT for me and I am hoping this will be a better fit for me.
  • VpinkLotus
    Oh and also I checked myself and found I have a 3 finger gap. I have always been confused about this so I am so happy to have a measurment I can check now instead of just looking in the mirror and trying to guess if i see a difference.
  • mklabarno
    mklabarno Posts: 1 Member
    I'm happy to have found other women who have this condition, and who are doing the same work to fix it. I started the Tupler Technique this summer, then fell off the wagon due to splinting in the heat just being tough. Regardless, I saw immediate changes in the first month. So now I'm back to it, splinting every day and being more diligent as the exercises increase. I'm joining this because I want to know other women who are working on this problem, and because I'm ready to start doing other exercises (running at least; I need some cardio!). Plus, I want to know what's working for other women when they reach the end of the 18 weeks Tupler recommends.