VSGers in June.

Options
13»

Replies

• olivia0428
    olivia0428 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm getting my sleeve June 26th! My liquid diet starts the 19th and I'm kind of nervous. Hoping to find some support of someone going through the process as the same time as me. I have a feeling the liquid diet is going to break me!

You'll be surprised I've been in liquid since 6/9 and I'm doing fine. I'm having surgery on 6/25 I'm excited!
  • stepholl
    stepholl Posts: 15
    Options
    I had my sleeve on the 18th. Went home the 19th. The first day I kept vomiting stomach acid and yesterday I couldn't hold anything down. I didn't even get out of bed. Today I am able to get a few ounces of protein down and some water. Is this normal? I'm also miserable with these gas pains.
  • lp1968
    lp1968 Posts: 8
    Options
    I had mine on June 16th! So far so good! I had no real issues before and nothing really now. The only thing I'm waiting for is a BM and then my ok to drive!:smile:
  • mrsgillis333
    Options
    I had my sleeve on the 18th. Went home the 19th. The first day I kept vomiting stomach acid and yesterday I couldn't hold anything down. I didn't even get out of bed. Today I am able to get a few ounces of protein down and some water. Is this normal? I'm also miserable with these gas pains.
    I would call the surgeon's office just to make sure. If you're getting better,I guess that's good, but you want to see if it's ok.
  • DebbieLLee
    DebbieLLee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for June 27th. I could use any & all advice y'all have to give!!
  • Vandies
    Vandies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had mine on june 2
  • nkac1980
    nkac1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    32lbs! I also had mine June 2nd and have only lost 17lbs in the first week. I have not lost a thing since. Feeling so discouraged.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hang in there nkac1980. You will have a good drop soon. Congratulations on the first 17. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • N8Look79
    N8Look79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had my surgery June 30, today I'm 7 days post op. I'm feeling great and very excited for the future.
    I finally found a protein shake I can handle and I'm finally able to drink lots of water, I love ice cold water now. Hahaha
    Good luck to everyone.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I had mine done on June 23rd :smile:
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you on your very recent surgeries. How exciting it is. Mine is in a few months. I look forward to following your journeys on the forum. Feel Better Soon. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kellysuemclean
    kellysuemclean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I had my VSG on 6/6/14. As of today I have lost 20 pounds since then, and a total of 51 pounds! My surgery went very well and I had no problems with nausea or vomiting afterward. My abdomen was sore, like I had done 1000 sit ups, but that was to be expected. I took no pain medication after I got home, and after one week I was pain free. I know that everybody is different, and not everyone can have such an easy time as I have. But in the end it will all work out and be totally worth it! I believe the benefits will surely outweigh the challenges!
  • mellowdeezer
    mellowdeezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I had mine 6/18. I have lost a total of 20 pounds since then! Yay!