~~Newbie~~

Options
LadyCD2013
LadyCD2013 Posts: 4 Member
HI Group,

Well today is my 1st day taking Phentermine. Nervous to say the least. Finally taking after weeks of staring at the bottle. My doctor suggested trying it because I have Hypothyroidism and it seems like the weight refuse to come off, Even when I'm trying my hardest. I know it's a tool and should be used in combination of eating healthy and working out. Not a crutch.

Earlier, I took half a tab after 9am and plan to take the other half, if I'm feeling ok, after lunch and working out.

I would really appreciate any tips and advice.

Thanks in advance, :smile:

Replies

• upmommyof5
    upmommyof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started taking phentermine in January of this year. So far I've lost about 60 pounds (my next weigh in at the doctor is July 9). I'm hoping to be about 195 at that time. Phentermine has changed my life. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing has ever worked until this. I take a 15mg capsule almost every day, some days I forget. I work midnight shift, so it's usually around 2-3pm that I take it. I don't notice any side effects, except dry mouth, so I just drink extra water. My doctor also suggested I take a chromium and vitamin d supplement. I do some form of exercise during my lunch hour and log what I eat with this app. The best thing I ever did was see a doctor about my weight problem! I wish you the best of luck!! You can do it! If you want to add me feel free! It's so nice to have others cheering you on!! Take care!!
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started taking phentermine in January of this year. So far I've lost about 60 pounds (my next weigh in at the doctor is July 9). I'm hoping to be about 195 at that time. Phentermine has changed my life. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing has ever worked until this. I take a 15mg capsule almost every day, some days I forget. I work midnight shift, so it's usually around 2-3pm that I take it. I don't notice any side effects, except dry mouth, so I just drink extra water. My doctor also suggested I take a chromium and vitamin d supplement. I do some form of exercise during my lunch hour and log what I eat with this app. The best thing I ever did was see a doctor about my weight problem! I wish you the best of luck!! You can do it! If you want to add me feel free! It's so nice to have others cheering you on!! Take care!!

I thought people can only use the pills for less than 3 months , did your doctor said it's ok to use more than 3 months? Thanks
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI Group,

Well today is my 1st day taking Phentermine. Nervous to say the least. Finally taking after weeks of staring at the bottle. My doctor suggested trying it because I have Hypothyroidism and it seems like the weight refuse to come off, Even when I'm trying my hardest. I know it's a tool and should be used in combination of eating healthy and working out. Not a crutch.

Earlier, I took half a tab after 9am and plan to take the other half, if I'm feeling ok, after lunch and working out.

I would really appreciate any tips and advice.

Thanks in advance, :smile:

I started taking the pills June 17.
    I have lost about 11 pounds

Let me noo how are song with the pills