Introduce Yourself

Options
WV_Fit
WV_Fit Posts: 14 Member
*So I went through quite a few pages on the forum and didn't see any introduction thread. If I missed it I'm sorry!*

My name is Rae. I am a 25 year-old mother of 3! After my daughter's birth two years ago I was able to get back down to my pre-baby weight of 140 and felt great about myself. But over the last two years I started feeling tired all the time, gaining weight, even while cutting calories. I never had problems with acne all of a sudden at 24 I was breaking out like a teenager! I went to the doctor and found out I have PCOS and a Fibroid Tumor. The doctor's idea of treatment is to pump you full of hormones or just remove everything! I know there has to be a solution to living with this problem. So here I am, 26 in a lil more than a month and 50+-lbs overweight. I weigh more than I did with any of my pregnancies, I'm tired, my skin is horrible. It's time for a change.

My husband and I both are going to try the juice fast. We both saw Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and decided that it would benefit us tremendously. We're aiming for 10 days and if it goes well we're going to do the full 60!

Replies

• kikstand
    kikstand Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hope the juice fixes your problems Rae. My main attraction to the juice was the possibility of being medication-free!

My name is Jay and I'm 50 years old. My wife and I have 3 children, one of which is still home with us. My side of the family has a history of respiratory diseases including lung cancer that took my grandmother as well as my father. I smoked cigarettes most of my life but have been smoke-free for several years. I feel I have more willpower than most if I can motivate myself. Here in-lies the problem.

I like to make people laugh and I'm pretty good at doing what I like. Sometimes the internet and texting can leave people with the wrong impression when it comes to this because you can't see the face and body movements of the other person and comments can leave an awkward silence, so I try to keep my sense of humor in check most of the time.

We have a juicer on it's way via the mail and look forward to any advice from other members. It should be here in four more days and the wife and I are going vegetable shopping today.
  • susankistler7
    Options
    I do juicing and if works great. I went from 200 lbs size 18-20 to 165 size 14 in 3 1/2 months and I fell great and I'm still loosing weight. I watched the short film by joe cross fat sick and nearly dead free on line to watch. I went out the next day and got a juicer and have never looked back. I also don't juice all day every day. I juice 2 meals a day and eat one meal a day. Please watch the short film. This has changed my life. Ps I don't exercise due to medical reasons and still lost weight and feel great. Go to Pinterest for great juicing recipes
  • FairBreez
    FairBreez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I did a 6-day fast from Dec 31 to Jan 5, 2014 after watching Joe's film, and it was quite a ride. Have a LaLanne Pro juicer and it works well but for being a pain to clean -- it takes me 30 min to soak and scrub it sometimes. I stopped the fast due to some weird symptoms, and my chronic fatigue only got worse by the day, so I went back to eating again (sigh). I did lose 12 lbs in 6 days, but 9 or so of it's come back; it always does when I eat FOOD.
    But I just found MFP and am learning how to measure and count calories for REAL, hoping this will work for me. Love the phone app! It will help me stay accountable and on-track, I hope. I just started this 4 days ago...have a really hard time sticking to anything, so any prayers my way are appreciated -- and encouragement always accepted!
    Thanks ~ Barb in Colorado
  • FairBreez
    FairBreez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    P.S. (sorry) I forgot to say that I still juice, a couple-plus times a week, love the Green Lemonade and my 'Orange' morning one, and hope it will help me with this weight-loss and in feeling better. Good night ; - )
  • kikstand
    kikstand Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I did a 6-day fast from Dec 31 to Jan 5, 2014 after watching Joe's film, and it was quite a ride. Have a LaLanne Pro juicer and it works well but for being a pain to clean -- it takes me 30 min to soak and scrub it sometimes. I stopped the fast due to some weird symptoms, and my chronic fatigue only got worse by the day, so I went back to eating again (sigh). I did lose 12 lbs in 6 days, but 9 or so of it's come back; it always does when I eat FOOD.
    But I just found MFP and am learning how to measure and count calories for REAL, hoping this will work for me. Love the phone app! It will help me stay accountable and on-track, I hope. I just started this 4 days ago...have a really hard time sticking to anything, so any prayers my way are appreciated -- and encouragement always accepted!
    Thanks ~ Barb in Colorado

I hope you find a happy medium in your quest Barb. I'll pray for you too!
    I've found that one juice every day has cut down my appetite quite a bit, and after a couple days of bitter and questionable tastes, most of my blends are down-right fantastic tasting now! I have lost 3 pounds in the past few days. I usually bounce back and forth between 205 and 210 but I've been 202 for two days straight. The weight loss is good since my target weight is 190, but my first concern is my fat gut. I think it's on it's way out of my life. Hehehe.
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Jodie. I tried juicing about a month ago for just a few days and loved it! I wasn't really prepared for the constant produce shopping and time it takes to clean and prepare the fruits/veggies... along with cleanup time. So.... now I am ready! I went to the market today and bought enough produce for three days of juicing. I'm planning to do an initial seven day juice fast, and then do the juice and healthy dinner on the weekends, and all juice Monday thru Fridays.

I know you aren't supposed to drink caffeine with this program, but I love my morning coffee!! I definitely plan to cut back though. I drink it black, so at least I am not adding any extra calories.

Happy juicing everyone!
  • Karisia3
    Karisia3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I made a goal to start eating a healthier diet and feeding my family healthier. After getting Netflix I stumbled upon some great documentaries and shows Forks over Knives was the first one I think and it opened my eyes to a whole new way of eating, I then watched the Engine 2 diet and eventually found Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I started incorporating new things into my diet and then made the decision to become vegetarian in an effort to lose the weight and feel better. I felt great after a few months but then things in my home life spiraled out of control and finances were tight, I gave it up since it's hard to tell others that you don't eat meat when their giving you the things they don't want from their pantry just to help you. Now that things are back on the up I'm working back towards a healthier me again. I did unfortunately gain back all the weight I had lost (stress eating played a role in that too) so I have a lot of work to do but MFP has always been there for support. I recently watched those shows again and this time decided to do my first juice fast. I'm working up to it right now I've been substituting one to two meals a day with juice and experimenting with different recipes. I haven't bought a juicer yet, just been using my bullet and then straining it though I did try the juicing tool that came with my juicer a few days ago, it came out more like a smoothie which wasn't awful but I don't like the texture to it. I want to make sure to get a juicer that is good and in my budget, don't want it to break right away or leave it like a smoothie such as my bullet did. For my first fast, I want to try 10 days though since I'm easing into it may try a 3 day first. Pinterest has been my friend in this area too!
  • JuicingIt
    JuicingIt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to juicing. Hubby and I have been trying juicing as well as smoothies, also some soups from the nutri bullet book. We have now advanced and are juicing and working up to total juice. Just with being on and off this stuff, I have lost a bit, my color and skkn looks better and my clothes are getting loose on me. Not bad!!
  • mellowncalm
    mellowncalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi i have been on MFP for a while now. How do you love juicing in MFP? should I just enter the amount of veggies and fruits? is there something i can import to help me with juices/smoothies?
    JUST juice baby
  • carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know most of Jason Vale's juices are already on MFP which is handy, unsure of Joe Cross's juices though. I'm starting Jason Vale's 28 day Super juice me soon...anyone else doing it?
  • faarup007
    faarup007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    My name is Brandon. Im going back to juicing yet again haha. The longest all juice I did was five days right after I saw Fat Sick. I hated it. My head hurt all the time and all I wanted to do was sleep. My body hurt all over. My hair hurt if thats possible. Working two jobs and feeling like I was going to die was no fun. I lost almost 10 lbs in 5 days but I just couldnt keep going. I've juiced a few times here and there but im now up to 323lbs thanks to a bf who insists on never eating healthy and my inability to tell him no aaand my recent car accident which has had me in bed with 3 broken ribs and some other issues. Its hard to eat healthy when all you can think about is Ben and Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream, Taco Bell, and Coke. WHY couldn't I be addicted to something cool like crack or coke instead of food?! Lol I jest but still. I joined the group to see what others are doing, how they do it, and I hope, stick with it this time :)