new skates

Options
Alisontheice
Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
My parents bought me new boots for my birthday. I have to see if my blades will last another year. I'm hoping. Not looking forward to breaking in the new boots but my current ones are so broken down I have no.support. And really what would summer.be without blisters and cut up ankles.

Replies

• khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that is one thing I do not miss about the old days - boot break-in season SUCKS. (Un)fortunately, I don't get the chance to skate very often anymore, but it does mean my skates last for ages!

But yay! for new boots anyway - what've you got, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I'll be getting, when they arrive, Wifa dance boots. I love the low cut of dance boots, my last pair were dance boots, took a bit of adjusting but love them now
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I really want some dance boots. And dance blades...so sick of the toe pick since I don't jump anymore.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i just got new skates as well... even not broken in they are so much better than the rental skates ive been wearing.... pretty happy with them so far. though going back and forth between the two is probably why i keep falling.... still.... its such an improvement...
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I really want some dance boots. And dance blades...so sick of the toe pick since I don't jump anymore.

Dance boots are great. They are a bit weird at first since they are so low cut but once you get used to them they are awesome. I've had dance blades most of my skating life so I can't speak to anything else really.

And Stiobhard--I have to switch my blades otherwise it's just too easy to go back to the old skates and it takes me years to break in boots. Oh the joys of skating…
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ha, strangely enough, dance boots are on my list for the next time I go skate-shopping! And I'm considering taking up with the local social ice-dancing club just to see if I like it.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    You should give it a try. It's nice and social and make it fun.

My boots are on their way. Now to figure out blades and I'm good to go. Can't wait I have no support left in my current boots.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    these blades (they are reidells astra) i trip over alot more... which has made me a bit more tentative about my skating.... im getting better but its a learning curve for sure. still they are so much comfortable and im so much less wobbly than before...
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Is the rocker different than your old blades?
    My new ones are slightly different, but the rocker feels more or less the same. So loving these new blades though.