Check in June 28 2014

Options
Good Saturday Morning!

Here's to having a great weekend! I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Got a lot of work done at my desk and on the computer since then. Yeah!

Now I"m ready for a nap, so I can get up & rock n roll later today. (Hubby gets back from a 10 day golfing trip to Scotland tomorrow)

Eating was done emotionally yesterday for sure, so I'm committing to mindful, not mindless eating today…

Maryellen in Florida

Replies

• artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

This is going to be a tough weekend but I am determined to survive it. I have a birthday BBQ to go to today and then tomorrow I let my husband talk me into having all of his family over for a BBQ at our house! At least tomorrow I have some control over what is being served and I have planned to have some salad and fruit even though everyone said "oh who eats that at a BBQ?" I have already told myself that I will not deny myself anything but that I need to just have a small amount. So...here's to surviving the weekend!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    Hugs.

Diana in beautiful Maine
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like that......'mindful eating' ...instead of mindless!!! I will tape that sign on my doors, refridge, desk etc!!!! Well today was great...got the ol' roots done for my hair!! Can't go home with them sticking out!!! Work tomorrow and then on Monday.....I can hear that song in the background....."leaving on a jet plane........" !!! lol 16 hour non-stop flight, but what the heck....I am going home!!!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!! And soon will be the 4th of July weekend too!!! Cheers!

Nancy
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Diana, I am also facing food challenges this weekend with nonstop parties and company, and my plan is to relax, enjoy, and get my pleasures from the company, not the food. I think a lot of the btime I eat because of the stress and anxiety of having to be" on" and making sure everyone is happy. Instead, I'm letting go of others' needs and staying calm. I think that will really help with the compulsive eating.

Yay! Good,choices!

Nancy, happy for your new hair and trip. Enjoy!
    Karen
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Feeling 100% better from yesterday. I'll feel even better when the bike is fixed.

I weighed in this morning and the scale had come down 3lbs, putting me back to where I had calculated I should be. I definitely need to get through this work load so I can get back out and have more time to exercise, but now I feel a little better.
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    So much for good intentions. There was no "rock in roll" in my day today. Spent most of it in bed. ;-( an official time out from life.

Eating wasn't much better. Had no desire to cook anything, fridge is still broken and empty. Looking forward to hubby returning from Scotland tomorrow night.

Have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. Already not wanting to show up because I feel so crappy about myself today. Still amazes me how my weight can make or break wether or not I show up for life.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi before I hit the bed. Today has been a really blah day for me. We didn't do much today. We were supposed to go out and eat but my mom changed her mind. I'm not really into birthdays but it would have been nice if those that I love bothered to say happy birthday before 10:00 at night. It was also kind of a downer that Mom and I didn't go out. We always spend at least part of our birthday together (we were born 19 years and 1 minute apart). I did get some pretty baby carnations from Cody and Mom is paying for me to get a massage next month. My food has been good today so that was a plus, even with that glass of wine I treated myself to this evening. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Feeling 100% better from yesterday. I'll feel even better when the bike is fixed.

I weighed in this morning and the scale had come down 3lbs, putting me back to where I had calculated I should be. I definitely need to get through this work load so I can get back out and have more time to exercise, but now I feel a little better.

YAY RAT!!!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    So much for good intentions. There was no "rock in roll" in my day today. Spent most of it in bed. ;-( an official time out from life.

Eating wasn't much better. Had no desire to cook anything, fridge is still broken and empty. Looking forward to hubby returning from Scotland tomorrow night.

Have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. Already not wanting to show up because I feel so crappy about myself today. Still amazes me how my weight can make or break wether or not I show up for life.

Understand this, but you've lost almost 50lbs! You go to that baby shower and rock it! You are going to feel so much better after getting out!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hugs all around!!