Today is the day....

Options
I am committed to working out with my couch app for the next nine weeks and on August 23rd I am going to do a 5K. Walk, run, jog, it doesn't matter- we are here to improve our health one step at a time :)

Replies

• JenniferRHughes
    JenniferRHughes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Each time you work out let us know!, so we can cheer each other on !! Let us know your victories and difficulties. Lets help one another :)
  • 185dengbiqi
    185dengbiqi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I need to do some reading but have heard alot about C25K, havent run in along time, but want to give it a go!
  • Inechan
    Inechan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 now and love it
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Compeleted by week 3.

Next :-
    Wednesday Day 1: 12/1 x 3
  • nikir37
    nikir37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for my first ever 5K on 2nd August :) I'm not a runner so this is going to be tough but enjoying training so far!
  • Berti2802
    Berti2802 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Completed week 5, exercise 2 yesterday. Looking forward for my first 20 minutes run without walking tomorrow afternoon.

Greetings from Germany!
  • courtneyfnc
    courtneyfnc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yesterday I completed w5d2. Tomorrow I will be doing the dreaded w5d3...a 20 minute straight jog! I am aiming for running a 5k on August 23. We can do this!

C25k is a great program. What app do you all use? I use the ZenLabs app myself.
  • JenniferRHughes
    JenniferRHughes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow some of you are really having great success...makes me hopeful :)
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am starting the app this week. I wanted to start it a few weeks ago but found D1W1 was too much for me. I think saying it starts from the couch may apply for some people... but NOT ME! LOL

I think I've build up enough to try to start again.

I want to do this so badly! I've a friend that has lost 150 pounds and this was his inspiration to start running. And now he is my inspiration.

I've never been a runner so this is completely new to me. Any suggestions that anyone has are greatly appreciated.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow, Tuesday. I completed the program about 3 years ago but didn't stick with running so now I'm starting over. My only concern is the heat and humidity!

Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me!
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started the program last week. And I have the same goal. August 23rd, I will be running/walking/completing the 5K Color Run!!!!
  • Myselvein2012
    Myselvein2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 1 of the Running Mate 5K101. For those of you who are having trouble with the C25K program, give this one a try as it starts slower with only a 2 min jog followed by walking on Week 1. I did this program at the beginning of the year and completed a 5K in March and it was awesome. unfortunately I then did not run for 5 weeks and lost my training progress. So I am starting over again.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I will be starting C25K tonight and have already signed up for a 5k walk run in September (ready or not).

Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Started today :) Went well. Excited to get through the program and attempt my first 5k!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Gday all :) nice work here!!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Started C25K day one yesterday. Wasn't able to run yet, but I did walk briskly the entire time. Hoping I can jog some of the time today. I'm using the C25K app.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • stardance1
    stardance1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just finished Week 2 yesterday. I've been alternating Couch to 5k with gym days. I just got new running shoes and I signed up for a race on August 30. It's so awesome that there's a group for this :D