saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
Weight Loss and Fitness the Healthy Way
ADD A NEW POST
Home > General Discussion >
saraewhite
Need workout help
by saraewhite
Yesterday at 7:17 AM
I have once again become bored with my workout program. I started with 10 minute trainer went to Turbo Jam and Yoga videos off of YouTube. Need something else. Anyone have any ideas?

No gym it's just too expensive for our budget.

Want to walk but my husband's schedule is so unpredictable. He leaves very early in the morning and I never know when he is going to be home. Would take the kids but they can't walk for long periods well as long as I would like to walk and their pace is so much slower than mine.When I walk I walk.

What do you do? What would you suggest for workouts?

Replies

• nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of things that I find on YouTube. Have you done Dance Fitness with Jessica? She has some really fun dance workouts. There are also TONS of workouts from FitnessBlender! Look them up on YouTube as well.

I also find P90X to be a very fun challenge. You could always try that too.
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Google bodyweight workouts. Look on images and you'll find some great routines to follow - you can do it at home with no equipment.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do you have an amazon prime membership? If so there are some free workout videos including in the streaming section including Jillian Michaels (who I love!)

How old are your kids? I have another mom who I go to the track with to walk. The kids play in the middle, so we can keep an eye on them while we walk and talk. Our kids are 9 & 10 though, so not sure if that would work for you.

I also have an app that I bought for $2.99 called 12 minute athlete that creates a 12 minute HIIT workout for you based on what equipment you tell it you have (kettlebell, box, jumprope, etc.). I also have another app called 30day challenges where you choose the challenges you want to do (squats, planks, "little black dress challenge", etc) and it tells you what exercises to do every day. Also only $3 or $4.
  • lckamnetz
    lckamnetz Posts: 6
    Options
    This is one of my favorite (discontinued/not updated) workout blogs - there are some great options for when you don't have equipment or space to move. Check out the categories on the right side. http://badassfitness.typepad.com/
  • foozlegirl
    Options
    I really enjoy Jessica Smith TV on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB7wvgp4HUBe5TD10jIgxDg). I don't go to a gym either and do all my workouts at home. She has great workouts of all types from cardio, to yoga, to strength, from 10 minutes to an hour long. One of my favorite free resources.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You could try gaiam tv as well sorta like netflix but had most of the Jillian micheals workouts, a ton of yoga(strength ones as well), boot camp stuff, lots of th firm videos and it's only 10$ a month
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    Blogilates is different and fun. If you do a search on it, you can find lots of videos.