Hi. Just joined!

Options
saraewhite2009
saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
Hi! My name is Sara. I am going to be 31 in July. I am very short in stature coming in at 4'9 & 3/4" I have two children. soon to be 8 and 5 1/2. I have been married almost 5 years together for 11. I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was in high school.

After I had my children I found it much harder to lose weight and the pounds kept packing on. 2 months ago I really saw how I looked and broke down crying. I weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been at 141 lbs. With my short stature it wasn't good.

So I started making changes little by little. First with exercising everyday to 10 Minute Trainer. But I modified it to go slowly. 10 minutes for 2 weeks, 20 minutes for 2 weeks and 30 minutes for two weeks. Then I started some yoga off of you tube for a week and now I am doing Turbo Jam. After 3 weeks of starting I changed my eating to more of a clean eating because I really wasn't seeing results. After the first week of clean eating I started seeing awesome results.

So now my focus has been getting my workouts in every morning and eating as clean as I can. But I am still human and know I will make mistakes and will need help and Motivation!!! Plus I love to help and give support!!!

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I work out every morning also. I have 3 kids, 8, 6 and 3.
  • saraewhite2009
    saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you. What workout do you do? I find myself bored with my routine and need vatiety.
  • 64mustangsue
    64mustangsue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are on the right track. I am 5' and 1/2" and soon to be 50 with grown kids still at home (my youngest just graduated high school). It is harder for us because a small gain is noticeable. I lost 40lbs 2 1/2 years ago and have kept it off. I can't do strenuous workouts so I walk and ride my bike when I can. Tough in the Midwest at times because I am a wimp in cold weather.