calories in vs out

Options
PinkyFett
PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
I am posting this here because I know you guys can relate.

This past week, I stuck to my goal, WAY under. Generally I eat 1500-1700 calories and burn anywhere from 300-800 a day. If I'm hungry and my net is low, I'll eat more. Anyway.

This morning I got on the scale and I didn't lose even an ounce. Really?

I am starting to think, for those of us with Hashimoto's, it isn't as simple as calories in vs calories out. Anyone else dealing with this too?

Replies

• walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I hear you. Always watching what and how much I eat. Sugar is my worst enemy, feel awful when I eat too much of it. I learned that strength training is a must to amp up my metabolism. Keep working hard, you will get there.
  • swadepgh
    swadepgh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have similar experiences. I eat 1200 calories per day plus most of the 600-800 I burn each day. Even if I stay under my goal I only lose occasionally. If I go even slightly over my goal I can gain 4 pounds in a day or two and it then takes two or more weeks to lose it again. I guess some of that is water weight but the fact that it takes so long to lose it again leads me to believe that at least some of it is real, non-water weight. I have noticed that if I don't eat back my exercise calories I don't lose. Maybe you need to eat a bit more of yours?
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same torture here!!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yup, can totally relate!! I haven't gotten my mediation amount straightened out yet though, hoping to start a downward streak once that is worked out!
    I went 6 weeks earlier this year, staying between 1100-1300 a day and lost nothing!! So very discouraging! I wasn't exercising during this time, it seems I have to add exercise to lose slowly!
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    well, I exercise alot, and that seems to be the only thing that helps make the weight boogie monster go away because otherwise I would need to survive on very very little food. No matter the deficit the highest calories I can "get away with" is 1700 -1900 unscathed. it kinda seems like I need a 500 calorie deficit to maintain and like a 800 to lose.